10. Back home

I looked out the window and saw the beautiful landscape. The blooming fields and meadows. Everything passed by. It was a come and go.

 In the compartment, Ron and Harry were playing magic chess. The twins thought about how they could get in prof. Filch's office without beeing seen. I don't think I want to know why! 

And Hermione was engrossed in a book again. As always, Ginny was busy watching Harry like always. I took my headphones and played my favourite playlist. I closed my eyes and immersed myself in my music.

How did I get so lucky?

Not a few minutes later I fell asleep. When I woke up again, I felt something heavy on my left shoulder. 

I saw that Fred had put his head on my shoulder. He looked so peaceful when he slept. George was listening to music too while he was reading a book . 

But to be honest...he didn't look like he was actually paying attention tot he book... 

Hermione had fallen asleep and Harry and Ron had obviously ransacked the candy cart. I had to grin. Ron looked like a seven year old who was in candy paradise for their first time. Ginny had probably sat down with Luna again because I saw that she had left the compartment. If I thought about it a little closer, they'd make a great couple.

There were a dozen students outside the compartment. Apparently all compartments were full! 

I looked over to George who had looked up from his book. He smiled at me and then pointed to Fred. I think he wanted to tell me that it looked cute. Indeed it did. And when I saw Fred there, his head on my shoulder, I realized how lucky I was. And I couldn't believe that I almost threw this happiness away. I couldn't lose either of them!

 I was lucky enough to be able to call the best people in the world my dear friends, and I wasn't ready to give that up.

I took my headphones out of my ears, I had accidentally fallen asleep with them. Harry and Ron had their stomachs full now, too, and Hermione had woken up again. Only Freddie was still asleep and I didn't dare to move an inch, I didn't want to wake him up.

I felt the metal of the chain that George had given me in my pocket. The thought of that evening made me smile. I blushed .

shit.

I haven't taken the necklace off since the night George gave it to me. Well...to be exact..most of the time I hid it in one of my pockets and carried it loose with me. I slid in my hand into my pocket and took out the chain to put it on.

Just as I closed the clasp I looked over at George and saw a big smile on his face. He was obviously happy that I was wearing it. And on closer inspection I saw that his face was now also red. He had apparently noticed it too because now he turned his face away embarrassed and looked at the floor. ... Fred woke up from my movements.

"Are we already there?"

he asked in a sleepy voice. I smiled at him.

"Go back to sleep, I'll wake you up then."

but instead he sat up and looked me over.

"New necklace?"

he asked curiously and pointed to the silver pendant on my neck.

"Hm? Oh, yes."

Please don't ask where from, please don't ask where from.

"Where did you get that from? By the way, suits you."

I could see George start to grin at the question.

"Um ... a ..."

I thought feverishly,