4. Reconciliation

𝐓𝐖 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐞!!!

 Back at my dorm I let myself fall onto my bed and started crying into my pillow when suddenly Hermione came in.

„Hey, Y/N You won't belive wha- OMG Y/N WHAT HAPPENED?! "

She sat down next to me with a worried face and hugged me tightly. Hermione and I had been best friends since second year and I knew, whenever something bad happened or I didn't feel well, I could ALWAYS tell Hermione.

„Y/N.... come on.... tell me..."

„Alright fine so... "

I told her everything. About my crush on George, I told her about Fred and that I was scared, because I didn't knew for what he was mad on me. I also told her about what happened in the library and all the other things.

When I was finished I started crying again. I just didn't want to deal with this bullshit right now.

Why couldn't everything just go back to normal? I didn't want to have a crush on George!!! It just made everything even more complicated, and I hated that.

After I had told Hermione everything I already felt a lot better.

„Alright...so if you want to hear my advice.... go and talk to Fred. You can't just sit here and cry about Fred beeing mad at you for no reason. Do something against it. Ask him why he is mad and then you can look for a solution. "

„Hermione, I am absolutely serious when I say... you give the best advice."

She just smiled at me and blushed.

„But didn't you want to tell me something? "

„Let's talk about that later. The only important thing is that you make up with Fred again. "

I hug her again.

Hermione was the best best friend you could possibly get. I am so lucky.

I quickly walk out of my dorm, on my way to find Fred. I walk into the Common room and there he was! Sitting on the sofa.

„H-Hey Freddie"

It looked like I scared him because he flinched briefly. Then he turned around and looked me in the face.

„I didn't want to scare you, sorry"

I stuttered.

WHY WAS I STUTTERING?!

„Um-I It's okay. "

„WE NEED TO TALK"

We both said at the exact same time and that made us chuckle a bit. I sat down right next to him and for a moment the only noise in the common room ist he sound of the fire. After what felt like hours Fred finally turned to his left and looked at me.

„Y/N I'm sorry. I didn't want to shout at you it's just.... "

He looks down at his hands.

„Fred spit it out, now! "

„Alright but don't tell George. So earlier today he told me he might have feelings for you."

My heart dropped.

OMG did that really just happen? George maybe felt the same.

Fred continued talking:

„And I was scared that if you two got together I would be the third wheel. Or that we couldn't be best friends anymore and that made me kinda mad. So when I saw you I just accidently shouted at you. I'm sorry I didn't mean to. Especially because I know how your step father treated you. I'm sorry. "

He looked back at the fire.

When I was younger my parents divorced and after a while my mother had a new boyfriend. What she didn't knew was that he was kinda abusive. He use to hit me or scream at me. He said things like

„You're just such a dissapointment!"

or

„Your mother and I would be happier if you weren't there."

I wanted to tell my mom but he said if I told her he would kick me out the house.

It took her 3 months to find out by herself and so SHE kicked HIM out. My parents got back together and I went to therapie. At that time I was 12 years old.

When someone shoutes at me or when someone grabs my wrist tightly I get flashbacks and sometimes even panic attacks.

„Fred, you don't have to worry that you could be the third wheel, because George and I won't come together. I don't even like him. "

That was a lie. Obviously it was a lie.

„Yes, you do. Don't lie to me. I can see you looking at him, and he at you. I know your in love with him, you just don't want to admit because you don't want to hurt my feelings. "

WAS HE READING MY MIND?! FUCKING CREEPY!

„Fred, I promise I am not in love with George and even if I were, I would never get together with him if that meant that we weren't best friends anymore. You are so important to me, you can't even imagine! I love both of you and I don't ever want to loose you as my best friends."

I looked at him and my eyes started to fill with tears.

I think if I lost Freddie, I wouldn't know what to do without him.

I could see his eyes were getting watery.

„Thanks, Y/N."

he hugged me in a way he had never hugged me before. I could feel that he felt sorry. After minutes of just sitting there and hugging I finally pull away. Fort he rest oft he evening we talked about the summer vacations and what we wanted to do. When suddenly Ron came in to remind us that we should go to dinner. We totally forgot about the time!!!!