35. Let's go home

"And how do you imagine how we get in there?" Fred asked confused as we stood in front of the Slytherin common room.

"You forget that I spent a lot time with Malfoy." I whispered the password and went into the common room.

"What are you waiting for?" I called to the two of them who were still standing in front of the entrance, bewildered. The two quickly followed me into the inside of the room.

"Too dark here for my taste." George frowned as he looked around.

"We're not here for a tour and we should hurry up before the rest of the students come back."

At the moment the common room was still empty but if we continued to waste time that would change quickly and then it would be too late. We quickly ran up the stairs and looked for Riddle's room.

"And what exactly do we want to say to him?"

"I haven't thought that far yet." I admitted when we stood right in front of his room door.

"Are you serious ?! You-" But I already twisted the doorknob and the  door swung open. His room was empty.

"But how-"

"He wasn't at the memorial service so where else should he be!" Fred checked the bathroom, but there was no sign of him either.

"WHERE the hell is the idiot?!" George cursed as we looked around his room.

Obviously he was having the room all for himself.

"The other students are probably scared of sharing a room with him."

"I agree with Fred!"

His bed was neat and tidy. In the corner of the room was a large maroon wardrobe and next to his bed was a small chest of drawers. In front of the window was a small table that was packed with school supplies and a matching brown wooden chair. There was a glass of water on the bedside table, but otherwise the room was in no way personally furnished. No pictures, no posters, nothing.

"As if he had no past." George muttered as he looked around the room for personal effects.

"Yeah, that guy's weird isn't he?" suddenly said a harsh, deep voice behind us.

Crap! I turned around slowly, my heart pounding. Riddle stood in the doorway, grinning and obviously amused to see us here. I could see from his look that the horror was literally written on my face, the same shock could be read in Fred and George's face.

I tried as best I could to suppress my fear and put on a neutral expression.

"What do you think are you doing in my dorm?" he hissed, not looking so amused anymore as he stepped closer to me.

"Answer. Me" he pointed his wand at me, but Fred and George quickly came over to us and stood next to me.

"I- WE wanted to talk to you." I spoke with a determined voice.

"Is that why you're rummaging through my stuff?" Good point ...

"Well ..." he put his wand away and leaned against the wall.

"About what did you want to talk?" I shaped my hand into a fist, ready to wipe that smirk off his face any moment.

"It's your fault. Cedric's death. YOU told your father about it. You told him that Harry was one of the participants and while trying to kill him Cedric died." I said looked at him angrily.

He just laughed at me. "Who? Me? Oh dear, he wasn't even alive, how could I have told my father anything?" He walked towards me slowly.

The courage I felt at first seemed to be disappearing. Still, I wouldn't let him get me down.