8. "Can we talk?..."

For a moment I just stood there and looked after Fred, still trying to proceed what had just happened

...I had lost him.... he trusted me and I betrayed him. What kind of friend was I! A terrible one!

I collapsed on the kitchen floor and began to sob. I tried to suppress it. I didn't want anyone to see how bad I was doing. The tears ran down my cheeks.

I hurt him!

I sat there on the ice-cold floor, leaning my back against the wall and cried my eyes out.

What have I done !

But the worst part was that Fred was right.

I had promised him that nothing would happen between me and George. I lied right to his face.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest and felt my legs get soft. I felt dizzy and ill and for a moment I thought I would faint. If I tried to get up now, I would collapse immediately. I could hear my heart pounding. Every part of my body hurt. My whole body contracted.

Oh hell no!!! Not now, not again. A panic attack! That was really the last thing I needed right now.

I noticed how difficult it was to breathe and my heart was beating faster and faster.

I lost him! It was all my fault!

I tried to take a deep breath.

"1,2 ..."

, to calm me down, counting to 10 usually helped. But this pain was different. It didn't go away no matter how far I counted. It didn't stop. My body felt like it was about to go up in flames. My head felt as if it would burst any moment, like a balloon that had been inflated too much. I put my hand on my chest, the stabbing pain got better over time, and the shortness of breath also disappeared. My eyes were red and puffy from crying.

------------------------------

At half past two I finally made it to my room. I couldn't sleep that night. I kept thinking about Fred and how much I had hurt him. I cried into my pillow, because I felt so bad. At 6am I finally stopped crying and called Hermione. She didn't awnser the phone....

She's probably still sleeping.

,I thought and got out of bed. I still felt a little dizzy but it got better. I put on some sweatpants and a Hoodie, I just didn't feel like dressing up pretty. I put my hair into a bun and put on some makeup to cover my puffy eyes. At 9am I finally went downstairs. I think my plan ,to not show that I cried, didn't work. Because everyone looked at me with a worried face...even Fred. I tried to force a smile and sat down.

"Morning everyone."

"Morning Y/N."

He leaned down to me to whisper something to me:

"What happened? You cried, I can see that. To be precise, I believe that everyone here sees it."

He looked at me worriedly.

"Is it because of Fred?"

I nodded silently

"Let's talk later, okay?"

I looked at him pleadingly, he just nodded silently to me .. I took a piece of bread from the table and everyone started talking at one another. In fact, I hadn't imagined my vacation at the Weasleys to be like that.

--------------------------------

After breakfast I helped Molly clear the table and then went to her room with Ginny.