22. My girl

The next morning I woke up much too early. I had slept pretty good last night even tho I had to think about George for hours. I tried to get some more hours of sleep but after a while of not beeing able to go back to sleep I crept quietly down the stairs, trying not to wake anyone up. At the bottom of the stairs I saw George sleeping peacfully on the sofa. He looked so lovely when he was asleep. 

He really came all the way here just for me ....

I would have loved to lay down next to him and cuddle with him, but then I remembered his lies. So I walked over to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea. While I waited for the water to boil, I didn't notice that George had sneaked up on me and put his arms around my waist.

"Morning." he whispered in my ear, his deep morningvoice send shivers down my spine and I quickly turned around to face him. This time I was smarter and did not look him in the eyes, cause else my heart probably would've melted at the sight.

I glanced at him but quickly took a step back. He just smiled at me and sat down on one of the kitchen chairs.

"Would you like some tea too?"

I tried to break the awkward silence somehow and this question came to mind first. He just nodded silently but when I turned around to make the tea I could still feel his eyes on me. How he watched my every move.

I sat down next to him and put his cup in front of him. It was a strange mood. Nobody said a word, we didn't even know what to talk about. So we sat side by side in silence and sipped our tea. I felt like I was sitting next to a stranger.

"How is Fred? He didn't reply to my letter." I HAD to say something.

"I didn't even know that you wrote him ..."

I could see that it hurt him because I had apparently written to everyone except him ..... for a good reason tho. I had a good reason, or at least halfway.

"He's fine so far, at least I think so. He hardly talks to me anymore."

I saw his mood deteriorate even more. I wasn't the only one getting away from him. Fred and the others almost completely ignored him, and even Draco had almost beaten George in the hallway, which he proudly wrote me in a letter. If Hermione, Harry, Ron, and Fred wouldn't have intervened, the two would probably have fought. I didn't want anyone to get hurt because of me. Wether Draco, George, or anyone else.

"I'm sorry."

I finished my tea and went to my room to pack my things. I put on gray jeans and then looked in my closet for sweaters. Almost all of them were still at Hogwarts or in my suitcase. The only thing left was the one George had given me.

Oh god please don't.

But if I didn't want to go naked I had no choice. So I quickly pulled on my sweater and tied my hair in a ponytail.

When I came down the stairs my mother and George were already at the door. I could see George smirk at the sight of me, or more at the sight of with sweater I was wearing. My mother hugged me tightly in her arms as she said goodbye.

"I'll miss you, will you write to me?"

"I'll do ... mom ... you have to let me go then." I whispered after a while.

"Yes yes you are right." she wiped a tear away and said goodbye to George too. I think she still liked him after all.

George and I took the subway to Kings Cross because my mother still wasn't really interested in driving a car. On the way there we relaxed a little and talked about Hogwarts. He brought me up to date. He told me about the second task and before we knew it we were there. At least this time I wouldn't sit ALL alone in the Hogwarts express .... even if I might prefer to share a compartment with someone other than my ex-boyfriend.