28. "Leave me alone!"

y/n POV:

-Leave me alone

I saw how he quickly left the room without turning around again. I felt this stinging in my chest that was almost always there in such situations, and a tear rolling down my cheek. Fred and I had had some arguments, but he had never treated me like this before. Part of me could understand his anger, but was it really necessary to yell at me like that in front of everyone?

I felt George's arms around my waist and he pulled me into a warm hug.

"It's okay, love." he whispered into my ear.

I hated how the smallest things reminded me of him, of my stepfather. I hated getting flashbacks from before. From the days my mother used to work longer, he'd always sat on the couch and watched TV.

"y/n get me another beer from the fridge!"

"y/n hurry up!"

"Damn it, what the fuck is taking you so long?!"

And if it wasn't fast enough he would come into the kitchen and yell at me, tear the beer out of my hand and send me to my room with a slap in my face.

I didn't know why someone who yelled at me reminded me of him directly, I couldn't explain it to myself. Nevertheless it happened. Another tear rolled down my cheek.

"Come on, let's go back." he gave me a gentle kiss on the forehead, took my hand, and we left.

On the way back, George and I didn't really talk a lot with each other. We both had to think hard about what Fred had accused us of.

Would we really have neglected him so much?

But when I thought about it ... it had been ages since the three of us had done something together. I felt guilty about it. I had promised him something and, once again, I broke it. I broke the promise...

------------------------

Back in the castle I ran to my room, I just didn't want to see Fred.

"I need time to think." I explained to George.

Somehow I had also broken Fred and George apart too. They should do something together again.

"Why don't you do something with Fred?" I suggested.

"After what he did earlier?"

"Oh come on, I bet he didn't mean it that way."

"Maybe ... well whatever. Get some rest. I love you." He gave me a last kiss before he finally left my dorm.

"I love you too." I called after him and closed the door of my dorm.

I sat down on my bed and closed my eyes. I tried taking a deep breath but as soon as I closed my eyes I suddenly saw my stepfather in front of me, he was screaming at me. Startled, I opened my eyes again and ran into the bathroom.

I washed my face with cold water to get rid of the dizziness. I took a deep breath and walked back into our room. In just that moment Ginny came inside and sat down on one of the chairs. She looked at me happily, but when she recognized the expression on my face she became more serious.

"What happened?" she asked worried and got up.

"Nothing. I just felt a little dizzy." I lied.

I didn't mean to turn her against Fred too. He had been through enough. She nodded slowly, but she didn't look too impressed by my answer.

"If there is anything I can do for you, let me know, okay?"

"I will. I think I'll lie down a little and rest if that's okay?" I lied back down and took off my shoes.