33. The third task

~Time skip~

The day had arrived, the day of the third task. The whole castle was full of excitement, whispering, and anticipation. There was almost no other topic of conversation than the third task and who would win. It was speculated who would win. Krum? The chosen one? The girl? Or would it be it Diggory?

You could even hear the teachers talking about the third task, discussing if it wasn't too dangerous. The rumor that Harry had put his name into the goblet and had cheated was forgotten by now. Now it was only about who would win.

I stood in front of the mirror in my room, getting ready to go outside. I knew we would have to sit there for quite a while so I put on something comfortable.

"y/n are you ready, we're waiting!" Hermione called who was waiting for me since about 10 minutes.

"One moment please."

In the past week I had spoken to Ginny and Hermione and explained everything to them. Admittedly, it hadn't been easy and both had been angry and disappointed at first, but luckily everything was settled now. But actually it was George who made me talk to them. I had been scared to be sent away, and first that was what happened but when I explained to them they understood. I was under a lot of pressure right now and I let it out on them on accident.

-Flashback-

"You can't just walk in here and expect us to forgive you and understand it." Ginny spat.

"I don't expect you to that but at least listen to me till the end."

"You sure you don't want to shout at us again? Or just storm out of the room without explaining to us why?"

"Ginny...."

"No, Hermione. She thinks what she did was okay and we could all pretend it never happened but I don't think so. We did nothing but supporting you, helping you. All. The time. And what did we get back? You let your anger out on us!" she yelled across the room.

She was right...what I had done wasn't okay. But I had a horrible day! And even though that was not an excuse for my behaviour, she could at least TRY to understand my point of view. Of course I couldn't tell them about Riddle so I had to make up a good excuse....

"Okay calm down alright! I didn't mean to act this way!" I yelled back.

"Okay how 'bout we all sit down and TALK about it and not shout at each other like some bloody children!" Hermione shouted at both of us.

Ginny and I briefly looked at each other before sitting down on our beds.

-End of Flashback-

That left Cedric and Fred. Cedric and I would talk after the third task anyway so only the argument with Fred was left. I wished for Cedric that he won, of course I wished all of this for the other participants as well. But I knew how much Cedric wanted to make his father proud, so I wished he would win with all my heart.

"Coming!" I quickly took my jacket off the hook and threw it over before I walked over to Hermione and we walked downstairs together where the others were already waiting for us.

"What took you guys so long?" George asked with a grin and gave me a kiss when I got to him.

"You wouldn't understand." I grinned back and took his hand.

Ginny, Hermione, Fred, George and I (Harry and Ron had already gone ahead because Harry couldn't take the tension any longer) walked to the maze, which professor Moodie had prepared, together.

I took a seat between Hermione and George and looked around for Cedric. I wanted to wish him the best of luck. Suddenly I saw him in the crowd. You could see that he was also quite nervous and tense, understandable, the third task was the most dangerous. And the previous ones also hadn't been quite easy.