32. Explanation

I looked startled at the note that lied open in front of me on the desk. I read the last line over and over again ...

"Draco"

Why did he suddenly want to talk to me? It was less than one week since he told me to leave him alone and that he never wanted to spend time with me and out of nowhere he wanted to meet? I tried to figure out what he wanted but it all just didn't make any sense.

After minutes of just sitting there and thinking, I suddenly looked at my watch.

Half past five should I go? On the one hand it would be great to talk to him and sort things out, but on the other hand, why at this time? What if the letter wasn't even from him but from someone else?

Anyone could have just put Draco's name under the letter. But who would do that? Riddle maybe ... but he was way too idiotic for that. Was it stupid of me to go alone without letting anyone know? Yes, definitely stupid as hell. Would I do it anyway? Yep.

I left George a note that if I wasn't there in the morning he shouldn't be surprised and I would be fine, just in case Draco and I would talk for more than 10 minutes...

I quickly put on a jacket and took my wand with me, just to be safe..... you never know .....I left the Gryffindor common room and walked outside. I couldn't see anyone out here, neither a platinum blond boy nor anyone else. The silence was almost creepy.

My eyes hadn't got used to the dark so I pulled out my wand to turn on a little light.

"Lumos." I whispered as quietly as possible so as not to draw any attention to myself.

My toes were starting to go numb from the cold weather. No wonder, I was only wearing long, thin sleeping trousers and a sweater and had also walked barefoot.

Very smart of you y/n, really!

Suddenly I heard something that sounded like footsteps behind me. Just as I turned around to look where the rustling in the bushes next to me came from, a strong, cold hand pulled me between the branches of the tree. I tried to scream in shock, but the person had put his hand over my mouth. I held my wand to the person's face and recognized him standing in front of me.

"What the hell Drac-"

"Shhh! Don't be so loud! And turn off the goddamn light!" he ordered and covered his eyes with his hand because I had obviously blinded him by the light of my wand.

"Sorry." I whispered and turned off the light on my wand.

"Why the hell do we meet in a bush at 5am ?!"

Of course that was my first question. Understandable, any normal person would have suggested a meeting after school, but no, mister Malfoy had to seem extra misterious again.

"Doesn't matter, listen-"

"Why should I listen to you? Am I not that stupid Gryffindor girl you never wanted to spend time with ?!" my voice got louder, I had to say it.

I couldn't possibly just forget his words like nothing ever happened. He looked down guiltily.... or not, I couldn't see much in the dark.

"You know how I meant that-"

"No, honestly not ..." I crossed my arms in front of my chest "explain it to me" I looked in the dark for his gaze to return eye contact but it was practically impossible. He let out a deep sigh, I knew how much he hated apologies, but I didn't really care.

"I had to. I had to make you hate me and turn away from me ...."

"W-wait what ?! That- that was planned? You wanted me to go? Why the hell ?! Was I that horrible? "