31. Threats

He looked up at me, startled, he had obviously not expected that I would try to talk to him again. But that was exactly what I did, and I didn't regret it at all. For a second there was an embarrassing silence. None of us said a word, we didn't even have eye contact.

I took a deep breath and then finally looked him in the eyes.

"I made mistakes, okay? Far too many for you to forgive me. I've hurt you more than once, but you have to believe me when I tell you it hurt me too." I finally explained to him and felt tears welling up in my eyes.

"Please Freddie ..." I looked at him pleadingly.

"y/n ..." he sighed deeply and looked up to meet my eyes.

"A lot has happened. Actually way too much, but I just wish it was back to the way it was back then. When the three of us could go somewhere without you and George ignoring me."

"When did we ignore you?"

When the hell did we ignore him? We always tried to include him in our activities.

"In the library the other day!" I looked at him confused.

"You didn't even notice when I sat down with Angelina, you only cared for each other without even thinking of anything else!"

A tear also ran down his cheek and in his eyes I could see the pain that he had been carrying around with himself for months. I could tell that he had been heartbroken for a long time.

"We noticed you very well, but we don't want to disturb you. You looked so happy when you were with her!"

"That's the stupidest excuse I've ever heard!" he walked around the table and towards me.

I took my chance and spoke up. "Even if George and I broke up, it would still not be like it used to be. Even then we won't be the trio that we used to be. Fred we are no longer who we were last year, we have developed. And also I sometimes wish that it would be like it used to be when- "my voice broke and I let out a soft sob.

"Don't you think I thought it was better when Riddle was still out of the world, the three of us were best friends and my father was still alive? Don't you think I'm not struggling with the change too? I have! Jesus I would even take Draco back as my enemy if I could bring back the past. But I can't. " I wiped away the tears that had flowed down my cheek while I was talking.

I took a deep breath and then looked up into his eyes. My breathing was fast and uneven. I just hoped to be able to take him in my arms, but as always that shouldn't happen.

"I need time. You-" he looked down at me.

"You promised way too much what you didn't keep. Give me- just give me time okay?" it wasn't a yes, but it wasn't a no either. And the fact that he hadn't sent me away lifted my spirits, if only minimally.

"Take all the time in the world." I nodded to him and then turned back to the ingredients on the table in front of us.

"You go to the common room, I'll finish everything here." If I had to spend another hour here with him now, the situation would probably have become rather uncomfortable.

"Are you sure?" he asked in amazement.

"Yes, of course. You go, I'll take care of everything." I assured him and turned back to the things in front of me.

He took his robe and walked to the door. Shortly before that, he turned to me again, probably to say something. But he quickly closed his mouth and walked out.

I let out a deep sigh before focusing back on the project. Half an hour later I was halfway through everything, the rest we would do together tomorrow. I cleared everything up and made my way back to the common room.