29. "Go away!"

"Can we talk?" he looked at me with hope in his grey eyes.

I let out a deep sigh. If I didn't say yes now he would probably never leave me alone.

"Does that have time until after breakfast?" I asked him annoyed.

"No." he awnsered cold.

I rolled my eyes briefly in annoyance and then followed him outside.

"y/n where do you-" George got up to follow me, I knew he didn't trust Cedric, neither did I.

"I'll be back in 5, I promise." I called to him in the back and made my way out of the great hall with Cedric.

"Make it short, I'll have class right away and I would like to have breakfast beforehand." I said in a cold tone, still not really wanting to talk to him.

"About the other day-" he started his sentence.

"Cedric I thought we settled this-" He hadn't even started and I was already tired of his shit.

"No, wait, listen to me. Okay, I know you're mad. And I understand you. I know you probably don't care what I'm saying, but I do at least wants to have tried. I don't know what was wrong with me that night. I told Cho I would go with her without even thinking about it and I feel terrible about it. I made you feel like the second choice. And you don't deserve that. You were never the second choice, to be honest I don't even remember why I agreed with her, I was probably drunk or anything. But I was definitely dumb. I acted like an asshole and if you want me to never talk to you again I understand that. You deserve better than being dumped at the ball. I just hope we can start all over again....and I don't know...be friends again."

He took a deep breath and looked down at the floor, ashamed.

"Cedric, that- that's a lot. Just being left sitting at the ball like that sucks ..." I saw him looking away sadly, obviously avoiding eye-contact.

"But I'm also pretty sure you didn't mean it that way, or at least I hope. But I still can't completely forgive you now, I need time for it. Can we talk about it again in a few days, weeks or whatever? I just need some time to think.."

"Of course, take all the time you need. Maybe we could talk after my third task. And y/n ... thank you. I appreciate that very much. You are a good person." I smiled at him and then got up.

"Breakfast?"

"Let's go." We walked back to the great hall together.

When I sat down next to George and the others, everyone looked at me in amazement.

"What?" I asked confused and took a bite of my barely touched bread.

"You just talked to Diggory. The guy who dumped you 5 minutes before the yule ball."

"And you just want to leave that behind?"

"First of all, I'm not stupid so I obviously know who I talked to, second, I never said that I would just leave it behind. We talked and I have the feeling that he is really sorry." I explained.

"That's just what he says! He doesn't mean it!" George objected, and looked angrily in Cedric's direction.

"I told him I needed time to think about it." I took his hand to draw his attention from Diggory to me. I got the strange feeling that George was about to rip his head off...

"Don't worry. We want to talk again after the first task." I gave him a kiss and then got up.

"Another 10 minutes until DADA starts. Come on." I took George by the hand and we said goodbye to the others.