14. The first task

A stadium had been built on one of the mountains that stood around Hogwarts. There were rocks and a pair of chains in it.

„Do I even want to know what these are for?"

I asked and looked worried.

„Probably not."

Fred grinned.

Behind the stadium was a tent in which the participants could prepare for their first task. Harry had already gone into the tent, we weren't allowed in, so we decided to already take a seat.

I saw George walking towards me so I quickly sat down between Hermione and Ron so that there was no more free space next to me. So George and Fred took a seat a row above us. Suddenly we heard Dumbledore's loud voice, he explained the first task to us.

"Dragons? Are they completely crazy now? They couldn't ask children to fight a dragon!"

I complained. That was idiotic.

"Harry will manage it."

Ron said in a reassuring tone, but I had the feeling he was saying that more to himself than to me, to convince himself that Harry didn't get killed trying.

Cedric was the first to fight the dragon. I didn't know anything about dragons but one thing was for sure..., this one looked anything but nice. I crossed my fingers because Cedric was my friend and it would be terrible if something happened to him!

With a couple of skillful spells, Cedric managed to get the golden egg from the middle of the stadium and bring it to safety after good 15 minutes.

The dragon was led away and another was brought up ..... after half an hour it was finally Harry's turn.... The other 3 participants had managed to get the egg so now only Harry was left....

I had no idea about dragons , like I said, but Harry's dragon was 5 times bigger and looked almost 10 times more dangerous than the previous ones.

"And they leave such a dragon to a 14-year-old ?!"

Hermione complained.

"That's crazy!"

She wasn't wrong tho, it WAS crazy ... but there was nothing she, or anyone here, could've done.

Harry finally stepped out of the tent and looked around.
Suddenly the dragon came from above and immediately tried to hit Harry with its tail.

I saw the crowd that was frightened and Hermione who had jumped from her seat in shock. I couldn't look at what was happening over there.

"Let me know when it's over."

I said to Hermione and shot my eyes. I heard the crowd raging and Hermione directing Harry to use his wand.

What are you doing there, don't be so cowardly and take a look!

I said to myself but when I opened my eyes again, both Harry and the dragon were gone. The golden egg was still standing in the middle of the arena but far and wide no trace of the chosen one.

Hermione, obviously noticing my astonishment, handed me her binoculars and pointed in the direction of the castle. I glanced through the binoculars and saw Harry on his broom, followed closely by the dragon.

"Where the hell have the chains gone?"

I asked Hermione.

"The dragon somehow ripped them off. Now let me see!"

and before I could reply, Hermione grabbed the binoculars from my hand. Fortunately, I could see something from afar. Harry was still trying to take the dragon down.