7

Chapter 7:

They sat having tea and afternoon snacks, and the four Founders were discussing their lesson plans for the upcoming year, which reminded Harry of how soon he would be facing the future.

"I go back in a month, don't I?" Harry asked suddenly, halting the previous conversation and sobering the mood at the mention of the future.

"Yes, unfortunately you cannot stay here beyond that point." Rowena answered and Harry nodded.

"I know, I have understood that I will not staying for a long time and decided to look at is as an early betrothal. I would not be expected to stay past my fourteenth year in this time anyway, so it's only three years." Harry said honestly, "That and it is not as if Hogwarts won't have your portraits somewhere."

"That is a very mature outlook, Little Snake." Salazar complimented.

"What made you ask of your departure?" Godric inquired and Harry pursed his lips.

"Something Merlin mentioned during one of our sessions." Harry said, "It just came to me."

"And that was?"

"That my parents would be collecting me from the Muggle house to 'reintroduce' me in to the wizarding world."

"What about it?" Helga wondered.

"There is absolutely no force on this earth that is going to make me pretend to be a clueless child who hangs on to their every word." Harry stated, before sweeping his robes, "Besides, I am an Heir to some very prestigious houses, I am to be denied nothing and I shall achieve greatness." His voice had taken on an arrogant tone that mimicked Salazar's to perfection, he had his head tilted at an angle where he wasn't actually looking down his nose but it still felt like it and his expression the perfect mask of disdain.

Slow smirks appeared all through the room, imagining what Harry could put them through should the need take him. They had seen him at his worse, more arrogance than what could be considered healthy, and if he added that to his front of treating things and people as if they were nothing to him then his parents didn't stand a chance. All of the other Founders blamed Salazar, he was the one to boost Harry's sense of entitlement, he had repeatedly informed the child that there was no such thing as faults, merely things others do not have the capacity to appreciate. The saving grace was that Harry worked harder than anyone they had ever seen, nothing they threw at him was too much, no amount of essays or spell work or theory research overcame him and that balanced him out. Because, unfortunately, Salazar was right, he had the ability and the power to back up his arrogant words, so why bother to hide it.

"It will be ever so much a shame when you are much more talented than they could even hope to expect and will have no trouble illustrating said power." Salazar agreed, his voice amused.

"They are going to be in for a huge shock." Rowena noted with a laugh.

"How unfortunate." Godric put in convincingly.

"You are all terrible." Helga chided with a smile, "Although, Harry, do remember the wards and protections we have covered, they are getting quite advanced."

The group burst in to laughter at Helga's comment, sitting back and relaxing in the afternoon sunlight before they went to dinner.

Harry's birthday seemed to come at them instantly, and the Founders had been in a flurry to make sure their plans were able to be set in to motion. They greeted the bouncing birthday boy with a huge "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and the Great Hall draped in shining banners and steamers for decoration and a table weighed down by presents.