34

Quirrell disappeared suddenly at the end of March leaving the teachers in a mess, Harry couldn't help the smirk that came to his face when Dumbledore made the announcement. Draco raised an eyebrow and Harry's smirk stretched, he wasn't surprised the Dark Lord moved quickly. They didn't have a cover teacher at the time so all DADA classes were cancelled apart from NEWT's and OWL's, Harry had another skip in his step and it made ignoring Potter and his spawn all that easier.

He was keeping an eye on Lily though, she was pale and withdrawn lately and Harry couldn't help but think that there was something serious going on behind the scenes, he couldn't remember the last time he saw her speak or eat properly. He shouldn't but he was getting concerned, Harry could see that she had lost a lot of weight through the glamours she applied, he would continue to watch her and he would ask Sirius later. Draco dragged him to the library with Theo and Blaise to finish their homework after breakfast and Harry rolled his eyes.

"You know I've finished mine right?"

"Yes, which is why you're coming with us." Draco stated like it was obvious and Harry shook his head.

"Of course oh great one,"

"Glad to see you understand," Draco sniffed and Harry laughed giving him a shove. They grabbed a table and Harry helped them with their Charms and History essays, he added extra to his own Potions one and it was now triple the length but he doubted Snape would mind.

"How do you know so much about Potions?" Theo complained and Harry grinned.

"If I tell you something you have to keep it a secret," Harry told them lowering his voice, they nodded eagerly.

"I'm applying for my Mastery with honours in the summer hopefully, I'm hoping to set a record."

Theo and Blaise gaped and Draco shook his head.

"I didn't think you would be doing it this summer, I thought maybe Yule."

"If everything works out I can experiment in the summer and they apply, if not then it will be Yule. Speaking of Potions, I am due to be with Snape in around 1 minute and I don't particularly want to be late." Harry said and they nodded.

"He will murder you,"

They all cleared up their things and hurried out, sticking to the Slytherin rules. Unfortunately luck was not on their side and they ran in to Rosina, though she was alone so they had the upper hand; it didn't stop her though.

"Thank Merlin you are not in our family any more, we wouldn't want something like you to tarnish our perfect name." She sneered. Harry snorted at the irony of her words and shook his head.

"Your name doesn't need me to tarnish it, they have you for that. I couldn't think of a bigger tarnish if I tried." He replied brightly and she glared at him, her cheeks flushing.

"You'll always be second best." She snapped, "Black only adopted you because he felt sorry for you."

"Of course he did." Harry agreed.

"You're nothing compared to me."

"Wrong, Rosie dearest." Harry informed her, "I'm better than you'll ever be. Now, if you don't mind, we have somewhere to be and it doesn't involve your presence." He stepped around her, the other Slytherin's followed his lead. He heard a muttered spell from behind and threw up a shield around them all, walking towards Rosina with flashing eyes.

"Did you just try to hex us me as we walked away?" He demanded.

"You are just lucky it didn't hit."

"Not only is that so wrong its not even funny, but there are four of us here. Where did you think this situation was going to go?" Harry said to her in disbelief, "Even if it did hit you would have been hexed in the next second."