28

By the end of the week Harry wanted to murder James Potter with his bare hands, Draco had to physically restrain him from cursing the flying instructor and Harry spending more and more time in Salazar's duelling room to relieve his stress. Potter had taken to striping Harry of points whenever they met and making snide comments about Harry, Sirius, Remus and the Malfoys and it was driving Harry crazy.

"I swear I'm going to wring his neck." Harry snarled, storming in to the common room.

"What has he done this time?" Draco sighed.

"50 points, 50."

"What? You have got to be joking!? That completely wipes our lead putting Gryffindor at the top." Theo exclaimed and Harry nodded furiously.

"I know and he took them off for obstructing the hallway, insulting a fellow student and wasting his time." Harry spat, "I was putting a book in my bag as I left the library asking Daphne to remember the Charms book."

"He can't do that! Go to Professor Snape." Blaise told him and Harry nodded, Draco cleared his stuff and left with Harry to see his Godfather. The two Snakes slipping through the painting and knocked sharply on the potions masters' office waiting for an entrance. Snape was working on essays but looked up when his Godson and best student entered, becoming immediately alarmed when he took in their demeanour.

"What is wrong with the pair of you?"

"Potter," Harry growled and when Snape raised an eyebrow he elaborated, "I just lost 50 points for rules that you wouldn't even take of the Gryffindor's for." Snape's eyebrows rose to his hair line.

"What were you doing?"

"Putting a book in my back coming out the library, he took points for wasting his time and obstructing the hallway." Harry exclaimed angrily.

"He is becoming worse I see."

"Worse, he's lucky I haven't cursed him, I could do it and not get caught." Harry muttered and Snape smirked.

"Well take 30 points for preventing harm of a staff member and 30 for you Draco for helping a fellow classmate in their time of need."

Both boys grinned.

"Thank you sir, we do try our best." Draco said.

"Am I allowed to curse him?" Harry asked genuinely.

"As your Professor I have to tell you that you are not allowed to do such a thing." Snape told him and Harry sighed wistfully.

"Well as a student I am implored to listen to your professional opinion."

Snape rolled his eyes and dismissed them.

"Get out brats."

They ran away snickering at their dismissal. Draco suggested that they go and see Sirius and Remus, and when they arrived they were greeted with Sirius pacing.

"I want to wring his fucking neck." The animagus snarled.

"Let me guess, James Potter." Harry wondered from behind, coming in to sit down and Draco threw himself on the couch.

"Yes, how did you guess?" He replied sarcastically.

"Because he just had the same rant." Draco pointed out with a smirk.

"He is the most insufferable, annoying, pig headed twat I have ever had to deal with. What in Merlin's name I was thinking when I became friends with that?" He ranted, throwing his hands up in the air, "Grandfather, if you are listening, I am sorry for ignoring you."

Harry noticed Remus was silent, the werewolf was gazing in to the fire with a faraway look and Harry narrowed his eyes.

"What did he do?"

"He insulted Remus."

Harry's eyes flashed.

"What did he say?"

"It's not what he said it's what he implied, going on about how student's grades would fall because the Professor was out a lot. Never mind the fact that we have been teaching here for a year longer than he has. We had the highest grades to come out of the History classroom in over a century, I say we, but everyone knows Moony is behind it; all the students think he's great." Sirius explained and the two Slytherins shared a dark look.

"Potter is a complete idiot, and anything that comes out of his mouth is nothing but worthless drivel. If uncle Moony is going to listen that I'll hex him, everyone loves you guys teachers." Harry said firmly and Remus looked around.

"But-,"

"I don't want to hear it, you know he speaks nothing but crap, have you heard the stuff he sprouts about Rose?"

Remus smiled.

"Ok cub,"

Harry nodded.

"Other than Potter becoming near enough unbearable, things are going well. It was amusing to watch the light all but wilt when the announcement of House Black and Malfoy's updated allegiance." Sirius told them, and the pair grinned.

"Good, our Houses will stand together strongly." Draco said brightly.

"It's close to curfew, Pup, you had better get back to the common room." Sirius told them and the boys said their goodbyes.

"I say we prank James." Harry said quietly as they walked back.

"I agree, what he said to Moony was low and we already have the plans in place." They were both suddenly yanked in to a familiar alcove, biting back a yelp of fright when they came face to face with two identical faces.

"Hello tiny first years." Fred greeted.

"We could have sworn you just said the name 'Moony'." George continued.

"And we know that is a famous name of a very famous prankster."

"You've heard of the marauders?" Harry questioned.

"Of course, they're our idols."

"We owe them so much." Fred sighed.

"You realise you're talking about my dad and uncle." Harry pointed out and the twins choked.

"What?"

"Black and Lupin?"

"Yeah," Draco said slowly.

"Padfoot and Moony, we don't mention the others." Harry told them.

"We've been in this school for a year and a half with two of the marauders and we didn't know." Fred murmured faintly, "Oh the horror,"

"You're the marauder heir." George breathed, looking at Harry in amazement. Fred fiddled in his pocket and pulled out a worn piece of parchment.

"This belongs to you. We know it off by heart now, anyway."

Harry blinked and grinned.

"Is this what I think it is?"

Sirius had told him of the map which he believed to be lost but apparently not.

"The marauders map." They said together.

"Guys, I could kiss you right now."

"If you must." Fred said in a self-suffering sort of way and Harry punched him.

"Tomorrow evening, meet us here and I'll properly introduce you to Padfoot and Moony." Harry suggested and they beamed, the twins slipped out and Draco turned to Harry.

"What is it?"

Harry offered him a smirk.

"This is the thing which will make us impossible to catch."

Draco raised an eyebrow and Harry tapped the map.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." He muttered and the map appeared, Draco's eyes widened before he also smirked.

"This is brilliant." He exclaimed and Harry nodded.

"I know but it needs to be edited, I know of other passages which aren't on here."

"Come on, Potter is on his way." Draco pointed out, and they hurried off, getting back to the common room easily and sitting down to do the remainder of their homework.