49

49

There was an excited buzz in the Slytherin common room the morning after the duel, despite the late hour they went to bed, every one of their House members was up and dressed by 8:30, even though it was a weekend, waiting to go to the hall. The Slytherins trooped up with a skip in their steps, there was one thing on their mind; James Potter. Harry's eyes scoured the room and smirked when he saw James already sat at the Head table with his head bowed playing with his food, whispers of mocking and desertion went through the green house much to Harry's amusement.

With the Hall filling up it was clear that there was only one topic of conversation; the duel. Harry did note that Lily wasn't in attendance and his eyes narrowed slightly, it only added to his theory. People were turning to the door waiting for someone and Harry grinned, he would bet his dad was waiting to make more of an entrance and he was proven right when Remus stepped in to the doorway with a marauder grin on his face.

"Can I present the victor Sirius Black," he made a grand gesture and Sirius walked in to the hall amongst ear shattering cheers. It was like a Quidditch match, all but the Gryffindors were stamping their feet and the Slytherins were on their feet chanting "Black, Black, Black, Black". Sirius took an exaggerated bow and walked up the centre of the hall shaking peoples hands and cheering with the crowd, Harry rolled his eyes. He caught Severus' eye and the Potions Master massaged his temples in an open sign of exasperation. Sirius finally got the Head table and motioned for the room to quieten down.

"Thank you, thank you for your warm welcome." He gave the famous charming smile, Remus was sat next to Severus grinning, letting his mate have his moment. "It was almost too much to celebrate my outstanding victory."

Harry snorted in to his hands as a laugh passed through the hall.

"And I know that yesterday will not be forgotten," he took a bow and cheers erupted again. If looks could kill then Sirius would be dead because James was less than pleased. Red faced and furious, the Potter Lord stormed from the hall amongst boos and jeers from the Snakes.

"I do believe your father has a flare for the dramatics." Draco commented, actually beginning his breakfast and Harry scoffed.

"You think?" He shook his head with a laugh, "But it was so worth it."

"Yes, did you see Potter?"

"Of course, it's probably sunk it that he's a dick." Harry agreed, they shared a look,

"Naa,"

"Check the paper, I want to see if anything is mentioned." Harry said to Draco who shook his head.

"Nothing, they'll probably do a Sunday exclusive."

"I hope so, and I hope it's massive."

They made their way to the library to go over homework with the rest of the first years, who were avidly speaking about the duel.

"I wonder what Rosie has to say about her father today." Draco said as they walked up, Harry smirked.

"I hope she says something, just for the stupidity factor." They laughed and Harry saw that the Gryffindors were already in attendance, unfortunately Rose didn't say anything, she just glared at him and stormed out of the library with her friends.

"Such a shame," Harry sighed.

"Yes, but you know it's not going to last."

"Harrison, I'm surprised," Theo said as they claimed a table.

"Oh?"

"Yes, from what I've seen, you've left Dumbledore alone; not even a prank."

Harry tilted his head realising he was right, he thought for a few moments before his eyes lit up.