55

For the rest of the time he was grounded, Harry completed his summer homework and revised his potions. He couldn't practice them because he didn't have all the ingredients even with his own supplies, which he had moved to the store cupboard, he had politely informed Sirius that if anyone wanted to go in to the potions lab then they would have to consult him first because he had deemed it his own. His had memorised his shield potion to the point where he could recite it backwards and he was getting that way with his others, Harry made a note that he had yet to actually test the obliviate potion, but he wasn't too fussed on that at the current time as he would need someone who was willing and if anything went wrong it could be potentially lethal so, when he was free, he was going to write to Severus and ask his opinion on an idea he had to test it without damage to the participant. It would be so much easier if they still did prisoner testing.

Harry had also received confirmation that he had been accepted in to the August Mastery examination and he was instructed to bring his letter of recommendation with them so it could be read in person by the examiners as proof, Harry had gotten very excited that morning and bounced around the manor as he wasn't allowed out. The date of the exam was August 5th meaning it was 5 days after his birthday and it gave him plenty of time to prepare; he was going to use his shield, his vanishing one and his liquid disillusion. He had tested the disillusion on his clothes he wore and they had vanished, but when he dripped it on the rug by accident it had simply left a small mark, Harry was amazed. He had dripped it on a whole number of things and discovered it was magic activated, he made a note that the potion had to be in contact with a magical being to work and added what a benefit it actually was.

Harry had caught up on his Arithmancy and Runes practice, which he discovered he was still fine with, it wouldn't do to become sloppy in his workings and he meditated a lot to keep his mind in perfect condition. On the last day of his sentence, he went to breakfast where Moony looked as if he was sleep eating, it was coming closer to the full moon and the man was growing more lethargic. He looked up as the mail flew in and one bird caught all of their attention, it was a massive, pure black, deadly looking eagle with scary red eyes; Harry instantly loved it. It swooped down towards Harry who automatically held out his arms for the great bird, Harry took the letter and fed the bird.

"Who in Merlin's name does he belong to?" Sirius exclaimed looking at the bird in alarm, Harry rolled his eyes.

"Who do you think would own such a scary, deadly, menacing bird with crimson eyes?" Harry said, the bird shuffled his wings and took flight.

"He does have a point, Padfoot," Moony added,

"Him then,"

Harry nodded and looked at the letter, it was addressed to him in perfect, elegant script that Harry had no doubt was from the man's own hand.

Harrison,

I have settled in to my new accommodations and our meeting can now take place. I am residing at my, or rather our, ancestral home, Slytherin Castle. The building was in perfect condition as was the contents, so I invite you to lunch before we converse this coming Saturday.

The floo address is Slytherin Castle spoken in the correct language and lunch is served at 12:30.

Marvolo,

Harry blinked and then rolled his eyes, if that wasn't a subtle order for Harry to be at the castle by 12:30 on Saturday then he didn't know what was.

"So what did he say?" Sirius asked.

"I am meeting with him on Saturday." Harry said,

"Where are you meeting?"

"At Slytherin castle, I have to be there for 12:30."

"You're meeting with him again; alone?"

"Yes dad, but I will be fine." Harry said firmly.

"How do you know that?"

"After today I expect I will be able to tell you. Just know that he will not try to harm me and he will not be able to harm me in Slytherin castle." Harry assured him. His father looked as if he wanted to argue, but he swallowed it down. Harry finished his breakfast and went to his room to comprise a letter saying he would be at the castle on Saturday, he bypassed saying he would be there for lunch just because he felt like it. He sent it with Hedwig who looked happy about the job and swooped away with a nip of his finger, Harry also jotted a note to Draco informing him of what was going on and left it on his desk to be sent tomorrow when he was allowed to write to his friends. Harry grinned to himself and rubbed his hands together, in 2 days time he was meeting with the Dark Lord and he was excited; he couldn't wait until Saturday.