45

There was tension in the air the next morning, the glares shared between Potter and Sirius were deadly and if looks could kill then they both would be 6ft under twice. Rosina Potter seemed to think her father had already won, she was sat in the centre of the Gryffindor table surrounded by people and she was talking about how great her father was, it was sickening.

James Potter was a good duellist, Sirius has said so himself, but Sirius was a Black and Blacks were simply more powerful. They had turned out some of the most feared Death Eaters and the Black family was notorious, even those who were not Death Eaters were known for their skill and power. Sirius himself has a record for the most Death Eaters taken down in battle, he had even beat Dumbledore, something he was rather proud about. Harry heard Rosina bragging outside the Transfiguration classroom when he approached and rolled his eyes.

"Black hasn't got a chance, he's not allowed to use dark magic and it's impossible for him to duel without it, he'll be helpless." She said imperviously and Harry scoffed.

"Potter, that has to be the most stupid thing to come out of your mouth to date." Harry said coldly and she blushed, but glared back defiantly.

"Everyone knows the Blacks are dark." She stated and Harry nodded.

"You are correct, of course," she looked smug, "But you are forgetting one key thing." Rosina looked confused.

"What are you talking about?" She snapped.

"Sirius Black was on the light side, remember? He used to be your father's partner in everything."

Her mouth opened and closed a few times as she had nothing to say, McGonagall opened the door and ushered them in saving Rosina from more embarrassment. Harry walked passed her with a shake of his head and took his seat with Draco.

"Sometimes I think that there is something wrong with Rosina Potter," Draco commented lowly and Harry nodded.

"It's like she had no grip on reality." Harry agreed and they began their work. The lesson was a theory class and Harry internally groaned, it was the problem of finished the entire curriculum early. They headed down the greenhouses after Transfiguration, where they were feeding the plants and identifying key features, Harry didn't mind because he was actually doing something instead of making notes on something he knew like the back of his hand. Harry thanked his stars that he had a free afternoon because he wanted to see he dad practice for the duel, it would be good to see the man at work and it made him hurry to lunch dragging Draco with him.

"What's your rush?" The blond exclaimed.

"I want to see dad practice, it'll be fun." Harry told him and Draco raised an eyebrow.

"You don't need to pull my arm off." Draco said exasperated and Harry rolled his eyes.

"Walk faster then blondie," Harry ran at Draco's affronted look, the other Slytherin chased after him and Harry grinned. "See, that's more like it."

Draco hit him and sat down.

"You are impossible,"

"Of course I am."

They ate lunch and went straight to the marauders pad, Sirius and Remus were locked in a heated duel and the two boys kept behind the wards.

"You have to be careful of what spells you do use, Pads," Remus commented once they had called a halt to their practice.

"I know Moony, I will stick to grey borderline dark, as long as they are not classified then I will be fine." Sirius pointed out and Remus nodded,

"Good, hey boys,"