31

(continued off of 30, same day, same time, but different chapter title.

"Yes, Rose Potter is supposed to be the one to destroy you-,"

"She will not destroy me!"

Harry smirked.

"Oh I know, after all it was me you hit with the killing curse that night." He responded lightly. Harry noticed that the Dark Lord had stiffened quite a bit so he continued. "I believe your words were 'You are a powerful child, the one to defeat me. I would keep you alive if I knew you would join me but of course with your family there would be no chance.' If I remember correctly that is." Harry knew he was right, he had watched the memory many times and the slight widening of Quirrell's eyes, Riddle knew too.

"How?" It came out barely loud enough for Harry to hear.

"I have an eidetic memory and I became a master Occlumens at 10." Harry waved it off like it was unimportant, Voldemort decided he would come back to that.

"The light are pinning their hopes on the wrong person who has no remote talent. I will never join the light but I refuse to bow to anyone, it is not in my nature." Harry said and Voldemort smirked.

"Indeed, I had that same problem which is why I never followed Grindlewald."

Harry made a note to put that in his research.

"Currently, being only 11, I have no plans for the wizarding world; no doubt that will change. There are already many things I do not like. I do have the political ability as well as the gold to accomplish whatever I wanted but that is boring and it will not hold without allies and backing." Harry said to him, deciding to draw on all the times he had seen Salazar negotiate with someone. The man had been teaching him to do it himself, and Harry had negotiated on his behalf once or twice. It was much more thrilling this time, however.

"I want to be stood there when you tell the light that Rosina isn't the Girl-Who-Lived; that is going to be more beautiful than the purest of magic – no offence, dear Lady."

"Why come to me if you could politically do whatever you require?" Voldemort asked him.

"Why did you create your army when you could have done the same? I couldn't find any information on your mother's family as I didn't know her name but with your father's name you could have pulled a lot of sway."

"My father was a muggle."

Harry blinked.

"Tom Riddle Sr, died just under 50 years ago by the killing curse, Morfin Gaunt confessed, that Tom Riddle?"

"Yes, how did you know that?"

"I did a little research and I can safely say your father was an Unblessed - Squib, from a long line actually, the name 'Riddle' is a direct decedent from Le Fey." Harry explained eyes narrowed in thought, Voldemort blinked a few times.

"I looked in to my father, he was not on any records anywhere. How were you able to find something like this?" he asked curiously, if this was true then there would be a lot of things changing.

"The Riddle line wasn't based in this country, the line of Le Fey was thought to have died out when really the last one Cassiopeia Le Fey fled and married an Australian wizard by the name of Septimus Riddle, then I don't know how but the line ended up in the States and the last Wizard of the Riddle line attended the Salem Institute of Magic in 1865, Argon Riddle. He had a Squib, who came to this country as a babe because of his status and grew up as a muggle unknowing of his grand ancestors, called Thomas Riddle in 1880, who then had your father in 1905 who then had you obviously." Harry explained running over his notes in his head to make sure he didn't miss anything.