18

Chapter 18:

When Harry eventually fell through the entrance of the common room he was immediately pounced on by an extremely worried Draco, who would later deny all anxiety.

"Dray," He called, stopping the blond with his nickname, "I'm fine just had to work of a little steam."

"Potter was completely out of line!" Draco exclaimed, coming to a stop in front of Harry and crossing his arms, "What are we going to do about it?"

Harry grinned, spontaneously hugging his best friend.

"And that, Draco Malfoy, is why we will forever be great friends." Harry declared. They sat down and began planning ways to make Potter feel as miserable as possible, sharing somewhat evil looks at some of their ideas and then smirking. The rest of the common room seemed to give them a wide birth, not wanting to know what the devious duo were up to now.

"Oh, uncle Sev and Sirius want to see you." Draco remembered, rolling up their parchment and tucking it to his robe.

"Uh oh." Harry said, "How bad do you think it's going to be?"

"Well uncle Sev still wants you on the team, and while he understands your loss of cool, he may not be pleased. Sirius was more worried, seeing as you somehow created a storm," Here Draco have him a: you will definitely be explaining that look before continuing, "and completely enraged at Potter. He ran off muttering something about 'losing him again' and 'having to calm down a frantic wolf'."

Harry went a bit pale.

"Crap."

"I take it you know what that means." Draco said and Harry nodded.

"Uncle Moony is always in a funny mood after being ill."

Draco still looked confused before he had a look of understanding on his face.

"Werewolf. Right."

"How did you know?"

"Uncle Sev brews his potion." Draco waved Harry away. "You need to go now unless you want him to come down here."

Harry looked mildly alarmed at that fact and jumped to his feet.

"I'll be back later, I'll explain then." Harry promised, and then he was gone. He used Salazar's corridors to get to the Founders corridor, and Harry was very surprised to see it obviously unused, but he didn't remain there for more than a second, slipping back through another corridor and out on to his Godfather and uncle's floor. He muttered the password when he got to their frame, walking in only to have himself pounced on for the second time that day. This time by a frantic uncle and worried Godfather.

"There you are, cub." Remus exclaimed, "You had us so worried. We thought we'd lost you all over again. Sirius told me what that bastard said. I'll hunt him down and string him up." The final bit came out in a snarl and Harry patted the man's back soothingly from his place on his hip. Allowing him to sniff and check him over, he couldn't help but grin at the protectiveness, it was nice really.

"I'm fine – really!" He added, when Moony didn't look like he didn't believe me.

"Are you sure?"

"I promise." Harry assured, finally being allowed down. He went over to hug his Godfather and smiled up at the man, "Potter just annoyed me a bit."

A bit? Nice storm, Pup." Sirius joked and Harry laughed, his smile turning sheepish.

"Yeah, ok, more than a bit."

"He'll get his own eventually." Sirius said. "Congratulations on making the team, though."

"Thanks, I am so happy." Harry said, "I can't believe it. I was gutted when I read that first years weren't allowed brooms."