38

As soon as dinner was over, Snape was back in the hospital wing to tell them of the happenings, it was silent as he entered, Sirius and Remus were just gazing at Harry through dead eyes and the Malfoys were silently comforting each other. Severus walked over and stood at then end of his bed.

"Dumbledore is still labelling this as an accident." He told them quietly.

"The man is going to allow her to go unpunished for nearly killing my son." Sirius stated, not taking his eyes from Harrison's still form.

"Dumbledore will but the Slytherin's won't."

"There is not much they can do." Sirius sighed but Lucius, Narcissa and Severus smirked.

"You were not in our House, Sirius, our mechanisms are a lot different to every other House and Flint has already thrown down the promise."

The blonde heads snapped to Snape in shock.

"What?"

"They entered in form, and when Dumbledore called it a terrible accident Flint stood in the centre of the table and stated the attack would not go unpunished, they left in form after it had been issued."

"The came in form?" Lucius repeated shocked.

"Not only did they come in form but they did everything in perfect form, every single one of them, it was something to see Luc, they even hissed as one." Snape shook his head and the Malfoys blinked a few times.

"Good Merlin, I almost feel sorry for Gryffindor."

"I think we are missing something." Remus said speaking for the first time, he had got the wolf under control and was relatively calm.

"In Slytherin there are rules that must be followed. You will never see a Snake on their own even if they are hated in the House, you will never see a Slytherin arguing or fighting with another Slytherin outside the common room, you will never see a Slytherin disagreeing with another Slytherin outside the common room it just isn't done. And the key one, the most crucial one we stand by is Slytherin take care of their own. To attack a Slytherin is to attack all they Slytherins and that is not something that we let go, I believe it was the Dark Lord who put these rules in place." Snape explained.

"But what about when we were in school?" Sirius pointed out and Severus exchanged smirks with Lucius.

"We are Slytherins, we don't retaliate in the open." Lucius said.

"Remember after 5th year, you came down with a simply awful problem?" Snape asked and Sirius eyes widened then he winced, he had had a serious problem with himself but he had placed the blame on the other marauders who were pissed at him.

"That was you?" Sirius gasped alarmed and Snape smirked.

"You didn't honestly believe I would let that go? I am the youngest Potions Master in the world and by then I was well on my way to becoming a Master, it was a handy creation made just for you."

Sirius looked at him in a new light, he hastily shuffled away and Remus snickered.

"That was only my friends who helped with that, this is the entire house and as an open promise has been issued, Rosina Potter is in for some hell."

Sirius smirked.

"And they will have inside help." He murmured looking at Remus who grinned.

"What do you mean?" Narcissa asked.

"Harry and your son are very close friends with persons who could make Rosina's life in the tower not worth living, and knowing them they will be all for helping."

Narcissa looked confused as did Lucius, Snape frowned before his eyes widened slightly.

"Oh Merlin, they're friends with them!"

There was nothing reassuring in the marauders grins and Snape shuddered.

"Who is it?"

"It seems your son and Harrison have made nice with the Weasley twins." Snape told them and Lucius swallowed, he had seen personally some of there work.

"The school is going to descend in to hell."

All of them smirked: it would make an interesting watch.

Things kicked off at breakfast the next morning. Again the Slytherins entered as one and sat down to eat, their backs almost painfully straight and every Pureblood mannerism that had been bred and read in to them was being presented for all to see. They didn't speak ones, communicating with small gestures and tilts of their heads. Snape honestly had never been prouder of his House, they looked absolutely impeccable, even the first years were perfect.

The mail soared in and even then the Slytherins didn't once break their reserve, merely setting aside their plates in time for their packages and letters to be presented to them. However, it wasn't them that captured the Hall's interest that time, here was a letter for Rosina and she opened it with a grin, which quickly turned in to a look of horror. She lost all colour in her face, with a terrified shriek she threw down the letter and ran from the room, people started whispering and James rushed after her, he picked up the letter and frowned; it was blank.

He went out after her but before he had even left she screamed loudly and ran back in, she was crying and went straight to her dad who picked her up and carried her away making soothing noises, she was muttering about the snakes getting her and the Slytherins held back smirks. Flint had found a spell that made the person see their worst fear everywhere they went, the longer it was on the stronger it got and by the end of the day Potter should be seeing everyone as walking snakes. Rosina was twitchy all day, it was obvious the spell was getting worse much to the Slytherins' delight, and little spells were directed at her, her bag split numerous of times, things exploded and in potions her cauldron melted covering her in vile smelling potion that created nasty sores all over her; she ran out crying.

"This is all because of you and that idiot Black." Weasley snapped following his friend out.

"I think you're all awful, it was clearly an accident." Hermione huffed going with them. The first year Snakes exchanged looks and nodded, Weasley and Granger would be joining Rosina. Draco went to go see Harry before dinner bringing Aressa with him, the snake had been hissing furiously so Draco had decided to bring her and place her on Harry's chest where she curled up. He was still out cold but he had a slightly healthier colour, Sirius and Remus had yet to move and their lessons were being covered by Narcissa, who had stepped up when Dumbledore said they would have to leave to teach.

"Anything?" Draco asked but Sirius shook his head.

"No,"

"He will get better."

"He has to." Sirius agreed. The glowing ball showing Harry's life was still bright, which was promising, and he had gotten through the night, there was nothing they could do but wait and in that time Draco intended to make Rosina wish she had never came to the school.

"What happened to Potter, I heard her scream from here."

Draco smirked.

"Just the beginning of a Slytherin retaliation."