23

"Harry!"

Draco flew over to the other Snake, grabbing his arm and dragging him back up to the dorms he had just come through much to Harry's bewilderment.

"Take a breath, Dray! Harry told him, "What's going on?"

"I've just received a letter from my father," He answered, his eyes alight. "Nicolas Flamel is a famous alchemist."

"Oh my Mother Magic." Harry breathed, his eyes going huge, "I know what they are keeping in the third floor."

"Well?"

Harry snapped his fingers, bringing an old tome to his hands and flipping it open to the right page before handing it to the blond.

"Nicolas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosophers Stone..." Draco trailed of in awe. "They are keeping that in a school full of children?"

"It makes you wonder why its hidden here now, doesn't it? I mean, Flamel has recently celebrated his 665th birthday, I'd have thought he knew how to hide things by now."

"That is true, which means there must have been a direct threat against it, someone he, and Dumbledore, seeing as the old man is hiding it here, must believe could actually steel the Stone." Draco pointed out and Harry nodded.

"I wonder who?" Harry mused.

"Stuff that. I want to know what they have guarding it."

"We, my blond friend, are going to find out this evening." Harry told him, grinning when Draco smirked. The pair went to dinner feeling excited for the night a head, Harry had Draco practice the disillusion charm repeatedly until the blonde had mastered it and they went to bed nervous but excited about what they were about to do. When they were sure everyone was asleep, the pair got up and disillusioned themselves silently, making sure to keep hold of each other's arms to be on the safe side. They crept out of the common room, Harry ever-so-slightly twisting the alert ward Snape kept there, which all Snakes took as a challenge rather than a deterrent; Harry wasn't sure which one Snape intended either, and silently up to the 3rd floor, dodging Filtch and Mrs Norris as they did so. They stopped outside the door to the corridor and took a deep breath.

"Wands at the ready?" Draco asked.

"Yes."

Harry unlocked the door with a flick of his wrist, sensing no other magic there, allowing them to slowly push the door open and enter with extreme caution. Harry turn to shut the door, feeling Draco freeze behind him and knowing whatever it was it wasn't going to be good. He turned to see what the problem was and felt his blood run cold. There, stood in front of them, with six rolling black eyes, three sets of gleaming white teeth and a body that made them look like ants in comparison, was a very angry Cerberus.

"So we leave now and come back when we have a full plan?" Draco suggested, his voice much higher than normal.

"I knew you were smart, Dray," Harry agreed, his voice also higher than it should be. The animal's growling was bouncing around the room and it took a step towards them, they bolted, throwing open the door and slamming it shut and running all the way back down to the Slytherin dormitories.

"Well I think it's safe to say they have some protection on the stone." Harry stated brightly, being the first one to recover; Draco threw the raven head a dirty look.

"You don't say?"

"So all we need to find out is how to get past that thing and who's after the stone." Harry pointed out, ignoring the sarcasm.

"I have a book on magical creatures we can look in tomorrow but we'll still have to work out who's after it." Draco said and Harry sighed.

"The wonder group think its Snape." Harry told him and Draco snorted.