9

He awoke to knocking on his bedroom door; he groaned and rolled over blinking a few times. At first he was confused to where he was but then it click so he rolled out of bed and opened the door blinking up at his aunt.

"Breakfast is ready and your parents are coming for you today at 12 so make sure packed." She walked away and Harry grinned; today would be fun. He changed in to black jeans with his black boots and a green t-shirt, he threw on a grey cotton zip up with hood and went down stairs where there was bacon and egg waiting for him. He had to blink around a few times, adjusting to an apparently ordinary muggle breakfast. He was told to do the washing up after and he looked at them in distain, he simply waved his hand making the plates wash themselves and headed back upstairs ignoring the shocked looks. The only things he ever washed up were his potions cauldrons.

Harry spent the time waiting for his 'parents' reading through his books, as he had a natural edetic memory and he was a master occlumense all he had to do was skim read and it was burned to his brain. It was very helpful, allowing him to work through his projects quicker as he could take in double the information. Dead on noon, there was a sharp knock at the front door and his aunt called up the stairs to him.

"Boy, your parents are here."

Harry rolled his eyes are the ever so pleasant notification before his face broke in to an evil grin, time to put on a show. He shrunk his truck and tucked it in to his pocket, ran a hand through his hair to make sure it fell correctly and blanked his face. He instructed his owl to make a relaxed journey to Hogwarts to allow her to stretch her wings some more seeing as she had been in the shop for Merlin knows how long, she nipped his finger gratefully and took off, leaving Harry to dispel Merlin's spell work and leave the room.

He reached the bottom of the stairs in minutes, coming face to face with his parents for the first time in ten years. An odd feeling welled up inside of him at the sight of them, these were the people who gave him up. He cast his eyes over James Potter, he was relatively tall, with dark hair that stuck up everywhere, aristocratic features and chocolate brown eyes hidden behind awful round glasses. He was dressed much like Harry, in muggle jeans and a t-shirt, the only difference was he was wearing a leather jacket. Harry couldn't see much of his features from the man, and there wasn't much feelings there either.

His eyes drifted to the woman by his side. His first thought was she was very pretty. Her burning auburn hair surrounded her heart shaped face, highlighting her pale skin and piercing green eyes, eyes that Harry once had. The Founders had changed the colour of his eyes. She wasn't very tall, but she held womanly curves and a misleading delicate nature. He could see his face in hers.

"Hello, Harry," Lily Potter said softly. Harry turned his attention fully to her, looking at her with no expression, and it seemed to put them both on edge.

"It's good to see you again." James tried, drawing Harry's attention to him. Harry didn't respond, he wasn't going to lie to them.

"Ok, well, we shall be taking you shopping today. We need to explain a few things to you, and reintroduce you to your sister." James told him, infecting his voice and expression with cheer Harry knew he didn't feel. He internally sneered.

"Lovely," the word came out in a cold drawl, making them flinch slightly. "May we leave now? Should I spend another moment in this... home, I fear I may lose some of my will to live."

"Of course, let's go." Lily agreed. "Don't you have anything to take with you?"

"I can assure you, there is absolutely nothing from this house that I would dare lower myself to take." Harry sneered, casting once more look of disgust at the house before swiftly walking away. He caught the look his parents shared, rolling his eyes at their lack of discretion and waiting for them to catch up.