17

Chapter 17:

Before he knew it Harry had been in the future for over two months and he couldn't believe how well he had adapted. He had grown so close to Siri and Remus that he couldn't imagine life without them, even more so than the Founders and he finally understood fully why Rowena had made him promise not to search for their portraits. Since he had been old enough to understand, he had always known that after his eleventh birthday he would never be able to physically see them again, and it was only now he realised seeing their portraits would have affected him.

Sirius and Remus, should the fates decided it, had many many years left on this earth, possibly over a century, and Harry had the same, and he would have that time with them to live and to grow and to love them. And he had been given that chance because he had put in the effort to reform the lost but never forgotten bonds. If Rowena hadn't have made him promise not to go searching from their portraits, he would have spent every spare moment he had scouring the castle to look for them, wanting to speak with them as soon as possible.

Yes, he often wished fiercely that they were there with him, but then he would realise that he could go and see Sirius and Remus and the need would die down a bit. Draco had rapidly become his best friend; he and the blond were inseparable. Harry hadn't interacted much with the students at Hogwarts, not only was he younger than all of them but it would be hard to explain where he had come from; whenever it did crop up he became a distant cousin of Salazar's and nothing else was asked. Unfortunately for majority of the teaching staff, the two Snakes had become the Slytherin House's version of the Weasley twins; they were always getting up to some kind of mischief. Not that the teachers knew it was them, they hadn't been caught yet, and they liked to brag about that fact – very quietly.

Harry had also become quite close to the stoic Potions Master, granting him access to anything potions related, he had come to understand that Snape had a very dark sense of humour, and a sarcastic streak that could cut steel. He had, quite successfully, avoided anything to do with his 'family', the failed family weekend deterring them slightly, much to Harry's relief. It wasn't perfect, but overall Harry was loving the future. When he walked in to common room one morning, he caught sight of the notice announcing flying lessons and immediately turned around and bolted back up to the dorms. He wrenched back Draco's curtains and leaped on to the blond's bed, Draco, who was not expecting the sudden attack tumbled on to the floor.

"Why?" He demanded, glaring up at Harry, who had fallen about giggling.

"Sorry," He gasped, "I wanted to tell you about flying lessons."

"So you decided to throw me out of bed at this unmagical hour."

"It's like 7am!" Harry exclaimed.

"What?" Draco yelped, leaping up. "Why didn't you wake me?"

"I did. You said you were getting up." Harry defended, rolling his eyes as the Malfoy Heir rushed about to get ready. Seeing as none of the other boys were getting up, and Harry fully blamed the fact that they had Astronomy last night, he waved his wand and dumped cold water on all of them. Of course, he wasn't stupid enough to stay in the room after he did that, slipping out of the door before he could be blamed. The filthy looks he received when they finally got down to the common room told him they knew exactly who woke them and he grinned.

"Morning."

"I hate you, Harry." Theo told him.

"Cheer up, we have flying lessons today."

"With the Gryffindors," Blaise added, reading the notice. Harry's expression went rather feral, and the group of Slytherins shared a smirk.

"What have you got planned?" Draco asked and Harry chuckled.