22

Harry found that November past in a blur with everything he had going on, Slytherin were top of the Quidditch and house cup and he had finally tested his sedative; it was a success. Harry was walking back from the library when he heard the Gryffindor trio speaking in hushed tones and he immediately ducked behind the closest statue to listen to them.

"No I've heard of him before I just can't think." Granger muttered irritated.

"Well whoever he is he has something to do with whatever is hidden on the 3rd floor." Rose said.

"Yeah and Snape's after it," Ron growled.

"We will just have to keep looking for this Flamel guy, he has to be somewhere." Rose sighed.

"Nicholas Flamel, I know I've read it somewhere." Granger whisper exclaimed, sounding incredibly frustrated.

"Come on, we have to finish that Transfiguration essay." Rosina reminded them, "Daddy said he would help us."

Harry remained perfectly still as they passed his hiding spot, not even breathing until they had turned the corridor and silently ran back to tell Draco. He found the blond pouring over a Charms text for his homework.

"Put that down we have someone to search for." Harry told him sitting down.

"Just let me finish, I'm nearly done and if I don't do this my father is going to kill me, my grades are not what he expects them to be." Draco sighed, Harry looked alarmed.

"Dray why didn't you tell me your father was on to you about your grades I would of helped you."

"Its nothing he's just picky." Draco tried to push it off but Harry wasn't having it.

"What is he complaining about?" Harry demanded in a tone that held no room for arguments.

"Its because of that damn Mudblood and her need to live in the library, I'm 3rd in the year but she just won't quit and when he found out that she was a Mudblood with no prior wizarding knowledge there was a clear warning for me to sort it out." Draco burst out. Harry frowned, understanding the dilemma, some purebloods often felt that during a Mudblood's first few years in to the wizarding world it was their right to guide them, and they didn't particularly like when they were showed up by new comers. Harry found it mind-blowing that they wouldn't care if the Mudblood had been in the world for quite some time, believing that their success was because they had fully accepted their role in the wizarding world, but hated it if they shone in the beginning. Harry shook his head, grinning at his best friend.

"Well your not having the top spot sorry, that's all mine and if your father has a problem with that he can write to me and ill explain that as someone who can produce successfully cast all of our curriculum spells wandlessly and wordlessly, as well as recite what they are and what they do, I deserve it." Harry said to him, snickering when Draco rolled his eyes, "Granger is an easy one to overcome, she's all theory. Her starting influence in to our world was the worst possible choice so she'll suffer when it comes to practical. You, on the other hand, are great at practical casting, and are much more advanced, meaning you just need to strengthen your theory based work. You study Occlumency, right?"

"Yes all traditional Purebloods teach it to their children to help the stability of our core growth."

"We will have you just below me by tomorrow and then we have some work to do."

They went and sat in the empty dorms, Harry placed his fingers on Draco's temple.

"Let me in and trust me this will work." Draco nodded, they both fell in to a meditative trance and Harry went in to Dracos mind scape. It was remarkably ordered for an 11 year old but there were flaws, Harry ordered Draco to create a room and store all magical study and knowlege in there in ordered files, going through each section as they did so. They set it in subject catagories and placed it for easy access; they came out of the trance that they had been in for four hours.

"What's the basic water charm?"

"Aquamenti." Draco answered immediatly them grinned.

"Wow this is amazing!" The blonde exclaimed. "It just came to me instantly."

"It's because your mind had re-evaluated all it's information and you have properly sorted through it. What you'll have to do, each time you meditate, is to add each bit of learned knowledge in to your files and eventually your mind will do it automatically, becoming so accustom to the subconscious feel of the magics you learn and connecting them with the similar feeling ones already in your mind."

"That's incredible. Is that a further branch of Occlumency?"

"Sort of, you have to fully master your mind for it to do so, but it also happens faster the more in tune you are with magic."

"Thanks, really." Draco told him sincerely, and Harry nodded.

"Just tell me next time, remember I'm amazing." Harry said seriously. Draco punched him in the arm.

"So what did you rush in here about earlier?"

"The 3rd floor I have a lead, who is Nicholas Flamel?"

"Flamel, I've heard of him."

"Same, I've read it somewhere this year and for the life of me I cannot think where, its taking too long to go through all of the things I've read." Harry shook his head, "I may remember everything, but sometimes that's the problem: I remember everything."

"I'll write to father and ask, he should be pleased when uncle Sev gives him my new update." Draco suggested.

"Well when we find him we find out what's hidden on the 3rd floor."