19

Chapter 19:

Harry was treated to watching the Slytherin team run through their training practice before he was allowed on a broom and then Flint was all over him.

"Potter let me see your quickest lap." Flint barked. Harry raised his eyebrow but kicked off, flattening himself to his broom and shooting off. He didn't bother to slow up much on the corners, using his weight to control the sharpness over his movements.

"Not bad, Potter. Let's see how you fly while trying to catch things." Flint pulled out a bag of ordinary gold balls and started launching them in to the air; Harry took off. Flint threw the balls in every direction and Harry pulled off some spectacular stunts, some of which he had never done before but he didn't miss one. When he touched down next to Flint, the Slytherin Captain was gaping at him.

"Thank you Lady Magic!" He whispered reverently. Flint eyed him with a somewhat manic glint in his eye and Harry was ever so slightly alarmed.

"Do I qualify?" He wondered. Flint nodded mutely.

"Play like that in every game and you'll be Captain soon enough." Flint told him, "Practice every Thursday and if you miss it you had better hope your reason changes the very foundation of magic or else."

He stomped off, taking the Quidditch equipment with him and Harry was left wondering what he had gotten himself in to. He shrugged, shouldering his broom and making his way inside. He wanted to shower and then tell Draco all about it, after all, they had to keep themselves calm for tomorrow. He couldn't wait to see Rosina.