24

By the time the Yule holidays had come around, Harry was almost desperate to get away from the castle. Well, that wasn't quite right. He adored the castle and if it was up to him he would live there forever, what he wanted to get away from was the Potters, or, more importantly, James and Rosina. Lily, thankfully, had fully respected his wishes and left him alone, merely greeting him when polite company required it and going on her way; though she never spoke to him around James for some reason. He was packed and anxious to leave, the rest of the departing students, including Draco, had already left on the train hours ago leaving Harry to floo to the Malfoy Manor with Sirius and Remus.

Just as the boys had promised, the two were dressed and ready to formally meet the House Malfoy for the first time in many years. Remus was dressed in crisp, tailored, smoky grey robes, with the Black crest printed on the right arm, and Sirius had donned a dark blue robe, his own crest, signifying his Lordship and Head of House Black, on display proudly. They had to wait for the Malfoys to collect Draco before they could go and it seemed to put a tense air around the room until eventually Harry cast a tempus and almost cheered.

"Ok, we can leave now." He announced, jumping up and walking towards the fireplace. He blinked, very surprised, at the Pureblood personas that had suddenly risen over the pair, but he grinned before raising his own and stepped in to the grate. "Malfoy Manor." Harry was sucked through the fireplace, spinning almost wildly and he was forcefully reminded why he absolutely despised the floo system. He gracefully stepped out of the fireplace once he had come to a halt, only having time to vanish the ash from his robes and the floor before he was captured in a bone-crushing hug from a blond.

"I thought you were never going to get here!" Draco exclaimed and Harry grinned.

"Calm yourself, Draco," A cool voice commanded gently, "Let your friend move to the side as the others come through."

Draco's cheeks pinked slightly and he moved back, letting Harry moved to the side and wait for his Godfather and uncle just as the grate flared green. Sirius came through with a slight stumbled, which he immediately covered well and moved aside as Remus followed without so much as a wobble. The three newcomers turned to their hosts, and Harry noted the startling similarities between Draco and his father. Draco was truly a mini-Lucius, the only difference was he had more of his mother's softness in his face and his hair was a single shade darker.

Lucius Malfoy just had an air about him that screamed 'you will pay me attention', his features were sharp and well defined, and he was quite tall too. His long blond hair fell just past his collar bones showing his years as Lord and Head of his House. Narcissa Malfoy had features Harry had seen in his Godfather's face, and she was truly a beauty. She appeared the epitome of grace and elegance even if she offered them a warm smile.

"Welcome to Malfoy Manor. We are delighted you could accept our invitation." Lucius greeted formally.

"We were honoured to receive one." Sirius returned in the same tone.

"Now the formalities have been accomplished; it is so very good to see you again, Sirius." Narcissa said warmly, "I was very pleased when you said you could come."

"It's great to see you to, Cissa," Sirius returned, gaining a smile at her old nickname, "I'm glad I took your son's advice and got back in contact."

"Yes, he's a good boy." Narcissa said pleased. "Let us go to the lounge and sit. We could use a nice catch up before we settle for the night."

They were lead through the halls of Malfoy Manor and Draco was giving Harry a murmured commentary much to the other boy's pleasure. He had never actually seen a Pureblood Manor before, having never been anywhere accept Hogwarts, the prisons and the market, and he was fascinated. He even started pointing things out and asking questions that Draco was happy to answer to him, the blond was just telling Harry about his mother's latest redecorating some 6 years ago when they finally caught back up with the adults in the lounge.