🔺 Chapter 2🔻

°° Chapter 2 °°

Unedited

At night, Osas sat on the hard floor in jail, tears rolled down her eyes as memories streamed through her mind. She wondered why she was just as unlucky as her mother!

From frying pan to fire!

"Baba God, na you be the mighty man of war, na battle I dey so, I don surrender this matter for your hand cause I don see say e pass as eyes see am! My village people strong, them follow my Mama, na the same strength them dey use follow me join, God, na beg I dey beg you, save me from this mess, I no fit end for inside prison for crime way I no commit. Faith naim be her name, help me prick her conscience make she do the right thing, make she lose sleep over my matter, make those wey suppose help me lose sleep over my matter, them go wan drink water, water go taste like bitterleaf, them go wan iron their cloth, their cloth go burn, them go cook food, them no go fit chop the food, make food taste like shit for their mouth unless say them help me! Amen!" She finally added then she remembered, for the first time she was being selfish about her prayer.

Maybe it was the consequences if being locked up for a week now!

"I pray for my sisters and brother,  anywhere they are. Jesus, na you know, na only you fit feather cover person, enemies shoot bullet, e no penetrate. Abeg,  protect them with your bullet proof wings. And I pray for Omo, God.... Change her levels, bring better man come make we chop beta wedding rice and for Folabi, him na good man, but I no just like am that way.  Help am locate him missing ribs, in Jesus name! Yes, Jesus no vex for the break in transmission, if I forget this one ehn,
I pray for Sister Imade, I know say she don they spread my matter but she never come visit me, Baba give her better work, na only jobless person dey do wetin she dey do. Engage with work way go stop her from gossiping.  Amen!

"Won't you eat your food?" Faith's father asked his daughter while they had jollof rice as breakfast, in the dinning room. "I really don't have the appetite" she responded and he tore a piece of chicken with a fork and a knife then he dipped it into his mouth now munching on it.

"Have you heard any news about ASUU strike?" He asked again and she shrugged. Her mother winced looking towards her husband's direction.

She hated it when conversations are raised while eating but she knew her husband was only trying to start up a conversation to avoid the awkward situation that has being springing up.

He was quick to forgive his daughter over the abortion, she on the other hand was forgiving.

"I don't know Dad, the last news I heard last week was that the federal government hasn't agreed to ASUU's terms and agreements" "Ehya but we all know it's necessary to go on this strike but should we support this while the students suffer?"

Faith scoffed within, which suffer? She knew some of her colleagues that were very much happy over the strike and won't like to resume till the following year!

"Maybe they're aiming for six years strike" he joked and Faith chuckled, "I'm equally frustrated by the strike, I want it to end already"

"Was that why you were having sex and getting pregnant?" Her mother snapped at her and she bowed her head in humiliation, "You were frustrated and you couldn't read your books" she added letting out a hiss and her husband gave her a look. 

"Darling"

"Honey you're being too gentle with his girl! We sent her to the university to be something in life,  not to go around sleeping with men! The only reason I'm letting that your boyfriend Paul go is because he's a son to my best friend"