🔺 Chapter 6🔻

Chapter 6

Unedited

"No. I'm sorry I can't do that. I'd rather be a cleaner than sell my body for cash. Any honest job better pass than one"

"But the job legit na, I no dey steal guys money. I give pleasure and they give me money in return"

Osas shook her head, "Body no be wetin person dey use play anyhow. Thank you for the offer but I no want" "Okay.... But since you say you prefer to be cleaner, I fit know one dry cleaning shop way you fit work for the time being"

Osas smiled, "You serious so?" "I go con lie for you before? No worry, I go show you tomorrow. Wetin be your name?" "Osas, you?"  "Uche"

Tuesday

Pillars Hospital

"Come back Benin" Omo sounded to Osas again as she walked through the hospital. "I can't" "Wetin you want still wait for Lagos do?"

Osas groaned then she sighted the doctor that attended to Helen and her baby. "Omo, we go talk later. Bye bye" she ended the call.  She then walked towards him.

"Doctor good morning"  she greeted and he smiled at her.

"Hey there.... I didn't get your name from the other time"

"Osas"

"Yes, Osas! What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to.... to see Helen and her baby"

"Oh. The woman whom you help, I'm sorry, she left yesterday morning. She had to move to her original hospital" "Do you know the hospital?"

"I didn't ask. I'm sorry" he answered, "You can call her"

"I don't have her number"

"Sorry I can't help much" he apologized and Osas shrugged. "You don try" she replied and he walked away.

Osas scurried back to the lobby where she found Favour already asleep with her mouth opened. She tapped her and favor opened her eyes then she groaned.

"Sorry for stressing you, you for don dey sleep for house"

"Sleep where?" She scoffed then she hissed. "I'm comfortable here than that house! Shebi you've seen what we experience every night. People look at us and think we are fire fire Christians and we have no fault therefore nothing can touch us. They don't know what we experience"

Osas sat close to her, "How long Justice don dey experience that thing?" "Five years, after them rusticate am for University. It's been annoying! Nothing seems to work and Mom doesn't want anyone to know. I feel sorry for Brother Justice"

Thursday

Osaze entered his office with brief case and Obianuju walked in looking into her iPad. "You have an interview with those government officials from the other day. They want to talk about sponsorship, I'm not supposed to tell you this but I got the scoop from my bestie that works there"

Osaze settled in his seat opening up his laptop then he turned it on. "What else?" "Your meeting with cool FM, tomorrow, remember we still have to go on air.  You have an interview with that reporter from Real TV. They're doing a documentary on rape and it's adverse effects."

"This week?"

"We shifted it from last week because of how strenous your week was so...." She answered clearing her throat. "I had reports trooping in," she dropped a file on the  desk. "I already tipped off the investigating teams to check them out"