🔺 Chapter 17🔻

Chapter 17

Unedited

2005

Fifteen years ago

University of Benin, Edo State

Osas held two transparent plastic pail with bottles of Zobo in one and buns in the other. "Cold Zobo drink! Buy your hot Buns" She shouted after entering into the lecture room. 

One the student preaching in front of the class shot a glare at her. "Uncle Mike" she hailed, "No vex, I just wan sell small before lecturer enter" "And I want to preach the word of God before the lecturer comes in"

"Abeg now" she negotiated, "Even  Bible talk say do business till I come" she answered and everyone in class laughed including the preacher.

"Try not to distract people's attention from the word of God" he answered and Osas turned towards the students who were already making noise from different corners.

"Which people?" She asked and students started whistling her name from different corners.

"Osas! Two Buns and Zobo here"

"Osas!"

Now

"Osas!" Vera called out to Osas who was in the kitchen lost in thought. She turned back at her then she smiled. "I'm sorry, you say?"

"I was greeting you. I said good morning"

"Oh. Good morning.No vex, I was.... I was thinking?"

"About what?" She asked picking up an apple then she bit it. "Nothing..... Nothing" she shook her head opening the pot of boiling rice but Vera stared at her in disbelief.

"I can be really persistent" she replied and Osas chuckled closing the lid then she turned towards her. "I being dey remember something"  "Like the kiss between you and my brother?" She asked and Osas laughed.

"No! Why I go dey think that kain thing?"

"So you haven't actually thought of it. Wow Osaze, you must be a very bad kisser" she answered and she shook her head, "No be so" "So he's not a bad kisser?"

"Not that"

"He is? The kiss was that bad, wow"

"No! The kiss was not bad, it was good" she replied biting her lower lips and Vera smiled. "No be say I even know how good kiss take be like sef"

"So you haven't had someone kiss the sanity out of you. You haven't had someone kiss you till your body melts, you can't even think well" she explained and the experience reminded her of how the kiss felt like yesterday.