🔺 Chapter 15🔻

Someone said that I'm apologizing too much and I'm like, abeg let me apologized oh, abi is it their apology? 😤

Sorry for the late post!

I'm still having vigil hang over🤪🤪🤪

Chapter 15

Unedited

Morenike stormed the Badmus' home where Mrs Badmus was seated watching television so comfortably. If only she knew there was fire on the mountain!

"Morenike dear. Good afternoon" she rose up, "Good afternoon to you too" Morenike greeted and she pecked her on the cheek before taking a seat close to her.

"How's the family?" She asked and Mrs Badmus smiled. "The family is doing great, Osaze and Eniola's relationship is going smoothly. My daughter is happy, I'm happy about the beautiful Union about to be formed between our family.  What else can a mother ask for?"

"I'm glad you think everything's fine from your end"

Mrs Badmus suddenly grew concerned, knowing her friend that much, something serious must have happened to warrant such a statement. "What's going on?"

"Why does life have to be so complicated? My children are going against my orders, Vera thinks she can pop up and insult me whenever she pleases, Osaze.... Osaze is still very much sturbborn even though he's dating Eniola and everything seems fine, I'm just not relaxed yet until they're married. Tacha...... Can you believe I found out she's dating a common musician"

"Wait..... I thought it was Denrele, the son of the commissioner"

"I thought so until yesterday. I caught the stupid boy and I decided to teach him a lesson" "Good! I'm sure he'll be far from her now. Awon omo jati jati, (useless children), social climbers everywhere these days"

Morenike scoffed, "Exactly what I thought. You won't believe whose son it ended up being" "Who?" She asked, "Someone whose face we haven't seen in many years since she signed the agreement"

"What?" Mrs Badmus rose up in fear, her legs vibrating from hearing the news. "Are you serious? Tell me you're joking" "When have I ever joked about anything? She came to my office this morning to threaten me. I told her to tell her son to stay the hell away from my daughter but she threatened to hurt my son if I inflict another pain on hers"

"She's bluffing"

"She said it clearly, a son for a son. If I hurt her son, she'll hurt mine"  "I never knew she had a son" "What's my business if she has one?  Remember she's married to a gangster? I don't think she's bluffing"

Mrs Badmus exhaled, "She can't know the truth" "I know but what are we going to do? She has to know the truth one way or the other before someone else spills it, someone like her"

"That's breaching of the contract, she can't do it as long as you don't harm her son. Morenike, please, it's all in your hands. We can't let her know, she'll be really angry"

Osas walked into Osaze's office with a mop and a bucket. "Good morning Sir" "Good morning Osarieme. How was your night?" He asked and she smiled. "It was fine Sir and your?"

Osaze cleared his throat, "It was fine" he answered and she moved closer to him. "You sure? Your eyes still look someone that hasn't slept in days" she placed her fingers over the eye bag in his eyes, he could denote the care in her voice.