🔺 Chapter 22🔻

Chapter 22

Unedited

Morenike requested to speak alone with Eniola after the board meeting and everyone left except the both of them. "Is everything okay Ma?" She asked and Morenike shrugged.

"I should be asking you that question. Is everything okay between you and Osaze?" She asked and Eniola scoffed, "I don't know" "What do you mean by you don't know"

"He hasn't called me like a proper boyfriend should. I called him twice in the morning, he didn't respond. I sent him a message on WhatsApp, still the same thing"

"I hope he hasn't broken up with you"

"No. He hasn't" she answered and Morenike exhaled, a small smile crept through his cheeks. He's still scared! She felt victorious, like she still had him wrapped in her fingers.

"You know, we should have dinner. You can leave, that'll be all"

Eniola got out bumping into Tacha, "Hey Tach" "Hey" she replied, "Are tou okay?" She asked and Tacha nodded. "I'm perfectly okay" "I mean, earlier on, you were kind of lost"

"I'm fine"

"Okay. ..... If you say you are, that's great then" she answered and Morenike got out. "Tacha, let's talk" she demanded going back into the board room amd Tacha rolled her eyes cussing Eniola for stopping her when she would have already made a run for it!

"What's wrong with you? You were not in the four walls of this Board room and toy were embarrassingly chewing your pen like a 6 years old pupil"

"Mom, can we talk about this later? I have a place to be"

"Where?"

"I'm not feeling too well, I need to get myself checked"

Her mother moved close to her touching her neck.  "Your temperature is a bit high, what's wrong with you? How are you feeling?" "I'm thinking of a lot of things Mom, it's enough to make me get sick! I'm having headache and my head is about to explode"

"Take a day off"

"What?"

"I said take a day off, I won't want you breaking down. You and your sister have always been bad with sickness. I don't even know how Vera's dealing with her pregnancy" she exhaled then she rolled her eyes.

"You can always visit her"

Morenike laughed, "Who? Over my dead body! So I'm supposed to lay down my ego to what? Apologize to my own daughter?" She scoffed, "Shoot me anyday! Vera thinks she's the only one with the Ego, I'm her source and mine is much more bigger than hers"

Tacha shrugged, "Aren't you tired of us fighting every time?" She asked and

"So I got into his office and he started making those moves at me and I warned him like I've always done" Osaze listened to a young girl lament about how poorly her boss has been treating her because she refused dating him and how often he harasses her sexually.

"Hm, he held my clothes and he started ranting about how he took me shopping the other day and how I've been proving sturbborn. I told him that I couldn't date a married man  m
but he turned around and slapped me"

"What did you tell him before he slapped you?" Osaze asked and she exhaled, she thought she could actually wriggle out of that one.

"He called me a smelly toto as if he has ever seen it. I was angry and I told him I heard from the employees that his ..... Whatever is so small that.... No one feels the impact when he goes In. I swear that was all I said and he slapped me and I slapped him back, now he wants to sue me for it and he's denying that he slapped me"