🔺 Chapter 18🔻

Chapter 18

Unedited

Tacha was seated in bed with her pink robe on when she heard her phone ring. She dipped her hands in her bag and the first thing she brought out was the cocaine Jazmine gifted her.

"Trust me when I say this, it'll take your pain away. It's my second Jesus, for Jazmine so love you that she gave her precious Jesus to you so you might have everlasting joy and happiness."

Her words replayed in his head and she shut her eyes dipping it back. By this time her phone had stopped ringing.

She removed the phone and it began to ring again.

📞......Chike

She dropped it then she covered her lips busting into silent sobs.

Raymond walked hand in hand with Obianuju as they strolled through the beach. "When last have we had a time out like this? I can't remember" Raymond spoke up and Obianuju smiled.

"You're always busy"

"Huh huh, don't even pin this on me. I'm always willing to shift our schedule if you're open but you've been distant lately. Always depressed, I don't like it. You're way in over your head with this pregnancy thing"

"Don't call it pregnancy thing"

"Babe, we'll have children someday. I keep on assuring you everyday, you're lucky you have a husband who doesn't pester you to give him kids. Even if we'll have this kid when you're fourty, I don't care"

"God forbid. I'll just adopt" she commented and Obianuju folded her hands waiting for a reaction from her husband but he didn't say a word so she decided to make a topic.

"I'm really reconsidering adoption"

"What? You can't be serious"

"I'm serious. We'll adopt a little child"

"No!"

"Why?"

"I.... It's not mine, I don't think I'll be able to love a child that isn't mine" "But my parents did, they loved me even though they didn't give birth to me."

"Oh great, so we'll just let the cycle continue"

"We'll learn to love the child'

"I can't do it Nuju! Let's not have this discussion before you end up being angry at me. I'll wait for you, I'll wait even though I grow grey hairs, I'll still wait because I love you. We'll definitely have children"

"I'm scared"

"Of what?"

"That I might have problems"

"You're perfectly fine, we had a test done and it confirmed it"

"I had an abortion when I was a teenager" she revealed and he turned to her in shock. "What did you say?" "I had an abortion when I was I fifteen and I'm scared it might be the reason why we can't have children" she answered and he scoffed walking away from her.

"Baby! Baby, Raymond!" She called out but her calls fell on deaf ears.

Osas sat on the sand in the beach in thought. Was she really in love with Osaze? "If you weren't happy about the kiss, I'm sorry Osas" Kubi apologized and Osas shook her head.

"It's not that I wasn't happy" she answered thinking of a response to give. How was she going to let him know the only reason she's feeling bad is because she just realized she likes her own boss!