🔺 Chapter 20🔻

I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday or on Valentine's day. I wasn't kidding when I said I had my weekends planned out already 😪

Calm down guys, I know it was Valentine's day but it's not what you
think 🤣---- I was preoccupied with church thingz

Now that I've apologized for it, please vote and continue reading

Thank you 🙏😊

Chapter 20

Unedited

1995

Lagos

Davina entered into the sitting room after walking Mr and Mrs Badmus to their car. They left Uwa behind, because of the need to legally finalize the adoption.

She met Mathias doubtful look and she grew concerned. "What's up? Are you okay?" "Davina? Why did that woman call you Davina? The last I checked Uyi, your Maale no give you English name. How you come about that one?" 

"Were you eavesdropping?"

"I couldn't help it"

"Mathias, I already told you. You're going to find out things about me, things that might not make you happy"

"Do me a favor of telling me then before it blows on my face!"

"Davina is an Alias. It's my name here in Lagos, it's been my name since I left the adoption agency"

"Since when?"

"Does it matter?"

"Does Ese know about it?"

"No! How am I supposed to explain it to her?"

"How does this your work operate?"

"I find mothers who aren't ready to take care of their children or babies and I bring their children in for adoption. These mothers don't have access to me so they can't have access to whoever will end up adopting the children. They rely on this method because it's been working and I'm the Davina who helps them actualize this"

Mathias nodded in understanding, it finally made sense to him.  Then he exhaled and she moved closer to him. "It's just unfortunate that my sister had to fall victim to circumstances" she turned heads at Uwa who was frowning at her.

She was still very much hungry!

Edosa walked in, "Aunty Uyi, I'm hungry" she answered and Uyi sighed. "I'll be with your guys shortly"

"What's going to come next?" Mathias asked, "I mean the adoption thing.... Now this is over, what will come next?"

"The legal process, signing her over to them"

"I can't believe Ese subscribed to this crazy idea"

Now

Ejiro entered into her already scattered room, it was literally turned apart. Her rack had been pushed down; the mirror on the wall, broken. Osas eyes roamed in search of the bag she brought from the couple's retreat.

She couldn't find it so she assumed it has been burnt down along with the wig Vera gifted her.

She felt extremely guilty for everything that had happened.  The thugs even made way with their money too. "Osas!" She muttered her own name while Ejiro leaned her head against the wall crying.