🔺 Chapter 8🔻

Chapter 8

Unedited

As much as Osaze wanted to call his mother and give him a piece of his mind. He had to brush the thought off, he had another priority, finding Osas.

Osas wore a yellow round neck top on a black skirt and Ejiro entered into the room after getting her phone from a neighbor's house. "I don ready oh"

"You know when I saw you at first, I thought you looked familiar but with your news all over opera mini again. It finally made sense where I saw you from. The first news about you being involved in one abortion like that"

Osas' eyes dilated in shock. ""How?" "It was all over the news in Lagos" "How is that possible?" "Welcome to the 21st century. E get anything way people no dey escalate these days? Especially Opera mini news!" Ejiro replied and Osas moved close to her showing her the picture of her in towels"

"Jesus! Everyone can see this?"

"Anyone that's not blind." She replied laughing to herself. 

On finding out where she was seated close to the hotel, Osaze drove off to the place. He had no idea why he did but he had to satisfy his anxiety.

His eyes scattered in search for her but he didn't find anything. A man tapped him, "Oga you lost?" He asked and he shook his head.

"I'm just.... A girl was seated here on Saturday night"

"Oh, that asewo?"

Osaze cringed his face, he wasn't too thrilled the man used such revolting term for her. "Do you have any idea where she is or where she went to?"

"I no being dey here last night. I just hear say she commot from that hotel with towel" he pointed at the hotel. "All these asewo!" He repeated and this time, it felt like broken pieces of bottles were being thrown into his ears.

After the man left, he went into the hotel, straight to the receptionist who he knew quite well. Most investors usually tend to fix meetings at the hotel . "Good morning Sir Briggs" she greeted then he gave a look.

"Sorry, Sir Benjamin"

"Good morning Glory, how are you this morning?"

"I'm fine Sir, is there going to be a meeting?"

"No. I..." He paused thinking of he'll say it without sounding like a pervert. "The woman who came here was it Saturday night, the one on towel. I..." He cleared his throat.

"Oh the prostitute"

"What?"

"She.... Sorry I used that language but there's no nice word for it. She came with two other girls I recognize so well. She had a short and thigh gown on, i saw one of the girls give her a key, she lounged into a room with but I was shocked to see her come out with towel."

"Do you know why?"

"The maids are saying, she refused to have sex with the man because the price was too low." Glory shook her head. "All this asewo these days, it's like as if they're on the high side now" she muttered and Osaze tried to make sense out of all she said.

Osas didn't seem like the kind to do such a job or was it her first time? Maybe she got into the room and had a change of mind. He scoffed within, what if all this is true and he was just making excuses for her! Maybe he read her wrongly!

Hearing Glory give her explanation, was enough to make him have doubts. He once again recalled the moments in the bus, could it be? He asked himself then he rubbed his palm over his headache.