🔺 Chapter 44🔻

Sorry for the late post. My mother travelled and I've been so damn busy with the provision store and the rest.

All the chores of motherhood has been on my head! 😂

I'm always too tired to type!

I promised to post last night but I didn't, e get why; it rained last night and we all know the relationship between Nepa light and rain in Nigeria 🙄😂

Vote 🌟 and Enjoy

Chapter 44

Unedited

Chizoba anxiously walked into Morenike's office dressed in a purple skirt and white shirt. Ever since she got a message from Morenike on her phone, she has been nervous with all manner of thoughts crossing through her mind. 

Could she be in trouble? Morenike has never ever called her! She didn't even know the woman had her number sef! Morenike quietly peered at her, the look almost made her bladder go weak!

She inhaled and exhaled deeply before saying, "Good morning Ma" her voice came out croaked so she cleared it. See what over anxiety can cause! Na wa oh! "Good morning, have your seat"

Chizoba sat down, "What's your name again?"  Seriously Ma? I've been your daughter's friend since secondary school, you're kidding right? She thought within and Morenike blinked her eyes.

"I asked a question"

"Chizoba"

"Now I remember why I forgot"  She replied while Chizoba wondered what she meant by that. "I was shocked when I saw your text" "I was shocked that I even had your number. I needed someone I could talk to about my daughter. My children won't even talk to me"

Whose fault is that? She asked within but physically, all she could do was fake a smile.

"Then I thought, who better than Tacha's friend but then I thought..... Tacha doesn't have much friends, I don't even know her friends, but I remember one particular time you two went out together and I got your number and saved it as Natacha's friend. Your name pops in and out of my head. Its not a common Ibo name, you hear of Chinyere, Chinwe,not Chizoba"

"Oh. I hope there's no problem Ma?"

"Are you also into drugs?" She asked and Chizoba scoffed, "Pardon?" Chizoba raised her brow feeling insulted. "Its a question, there's no need to pick offense"

"Pick offense? Ma'am, with all die respect, what you're trying to assume is that I probably led her into drugs and no! I don't do drugs, I didn't even know when she started the habit, I mean she wasnt living under me!" She snapped looking away and Morenike nodded, it was a direct dig at her.

"Point noted. What's going on with Tacha? You're her friend, you must know all about her?"

"You're her mother"

"Name your price, I'll give you whatever you want if you can tell me everything"

Chizoba scoffed, "That's what matters to you right? You feel because you have the money you can control your everyone's life, control what they do, how they act, what they study and who they marry. Well, newsflash Ma, I'm not like that, you think you can buy me,no, you're the one sponsoring me, even if you were, everyone deserves to know the truth and you Ma, you're most annoying person I've ever met in my entire life! Ever since secondary school I've always wanted to strangle you on behalf of Tacha so she can at least make her own choice and not choose Law like you intended for her." She replied fuming then she bowed her head.