🔺 Chapter 13🔻

Chapter 13

Unedited

"Why will George give everything he owns to children he didn't raise, it doesn't make sense. You're only making a mountain out of this molehill" "You won't understand Morenike and I cannot dive into details yet! I need to get my hands on that will and I need to do it fast. Will you help me or not?"

Morenike quietly observed her, "First I have to understand a lot of things" "Like?" "Like, what the hell is going on and what do you mean by his eyes is opening? Did you use charm on your husband?" She asked and Esther kept quiet.

"Wait.... You did?"

"Don't look at me that way, I had my reason for doing what I did." "I'm all ears and don't think of lying to me!"

Esther exhaled, "So..... After my arranged marriage to George that year, I couldn't have kids, and George, he was the kind of busy man. Always travelling here and there, but I realized he was consistent about Benin. He made sure to pay a visit there in the name of visiting his parents. When I found out he wasn't visiting his parents as he had claimed. I trailed him to a woman's house, her name was Ese. I realized he already had three children and one was on the way and i had just one child that time" she paused in tears.

"I wanted to kill the woman so badly bit every attempt failed. For some spiritual reason, I couldn't harm her or the children so I decided to put it all on him. On his way from Benin, I made him have an accident with rendered him paralysed but he still wanted to reach out to her. My husband was in love and it wasn't with me his own wife. I did what every sensible woman in my shoe would have done! I made him forget but he's slowly remembering. Last week he had a meeting with your husband and he changed his last will, I tried to talk him into talking about but he has been quiet about it. Nothing I say works anymore. I need your help, I'll die if everything goes to the children"

George wheeled the wheel chair he sat on towards his drawer where he brought out a cheque signing on it then he stretched it out to him. "That should cover your flight to Benin and everything you want" he responded and the man gazed at the cheque leaf.

"What if I don't find them?"

"All you just have to do is find Ese Ovikponwam, I already gave you a picture of her. How hard can it be?" "Well, it's been twenty six years now, the possibility of finding these children. They might be married, your Ese might have remarried"

"I don't care Matthew. Just get it done"

"George, you just escaped stroke weeks ago. You need to rest"

"Rest? Did you just say rest? I just woke up one morning to realize twenty six years of my life is missing. I can't remember a thing, I don't remember when I had three children with Esther, I only had one. I don't even know if the children are mine"

"They are yours. You're probably having this memory seizure because of the last seizure you had. I'm sure your brains were fried"

George laughed hysterically, "That's funny cause I've never felt so normal in my entire life. You think missing twenty six years of my life is normal? The last moments I remember was saying goodbye to Ese and then the accident. I don't think there's anything normal about it and I won't stop until I get to the bottom of this" he answered pretty determined then his phone rang.
He wheeled back to the bed picking up then phone then he answered the call. "What's the update?" "I followed your wife as you demanded. She's currently at Briggs law firm but I don't know why"

George chuckled pushing this tongue forward, "I think I have an idea or two. Thank you, keep on following her. Update me on any information"  he answered hanging up then he looked at his friend Mathew.