🔺 Chapter 31🔻

Chapter 31

Unedited

The following morning

5:30 am

Chike was woken up by a loud knock on the door. "Who is it?" He asked, "It's me KC! Come on open up!" He snapped and he stood still, "Who's KC?"

"Chike, this isn't the time to pretend you don't know me. Please open up" he begged. Chike opened up and he rushed inside. 

"Abeg lock up" he demanded and Chike quickly locked the door. "Who's chasing after you? The police?" "No" he answered, "Abeg, you don't have to bother, as long as I'm safe"

"Safe? Am I safe? It's drugs right? You were probably running  one illegal parole and you got caught" "It's like you know these things"

"Better start leaving"

"Guy calm down, no one followed me here"

"If anyone comes here, I swear to God, I'll throw you out"

"Oga, I say calm down. No one is coming"  "KC" "I said no one is coming, chill nah!" He snapped moving into Chike's room and Chike scoffed, "Where are you going to?"

"Where else? The room now"

"What room?"

"See, I'm exhausted and I need to rest"

"Are you for real? You can't just barge into my house like and just go into the room like it's yours" "Well, mi casa su casa!" "You can't be serious!" "I'm damn serious about it! And no dey shout for my head, I no be your mate! Ah Han! Wetin dey do you sef? Small pikin go just dey feel himself on top my brother property, no be say you be him pikin sef!" He snapped and then he shut his eyes in regret knowing Madam Davina will literally have his head for making that spill out.

"What did you say?"

"I no talk anything"

Chike held him by his top,"What did you just say?" "See, I dey drunk, I no even know wetin I dey talk" "I heard you clearly KC!"  "Then why do you want me to repeat it?"

"Dad isn't...."

"See.....all I just wanted was to rest. Don't worry, I'll sleep on the couch"

"KC I know you, you wouldn't have said that if it wasn't the truth" " I don't want your mother's wahala, why don't you ask her if you want to know the truth about who your real father is"

Osas entered into the Osaze's house and a smile curled up her lips when she realized the house had been repainted. "Seriously?" "It was on short notice, but I had the painters from the new building work on it. I wasn't sure what color you'd like"

"I love it" she answered wrapping her hands around his neck and he lowered his lips closer to hers then he kissed her. "So Obianuju?" He asked and Osas laughed as a result of the shocked expression clearly plastered on his face.

"I'm so excited, i feel like we have a lot of catching up to do even though we've been getting to know each other. This time it's different"

"I'm glad you're happy. Mrs Nwosu was right about making you happy first" "What's the use? I'll still have to face reality soon but I can't let reality ruin my happiness, our happiness"

"Vera will be having an ultrasound test to determine the sex of her baby. It's a family affair, I know we made plans but" "Of course I'll love to go"  "Then we'll go retrieve your MTN sim and then out date"