|Chapter 4|

|An unknown number|

Valentina POV

He has a private jet, of course he does. Guess the Romano Company did good to him. Not that the company would be the only source of his income. We all know that the company is only an alibi.

Another story for another day.

"Do you think they'll tell us about the illegal stuff?", I shook my head. There was no way in hell that they will tell us about any of this. They'll probably be like "We get all this money through the family business" and when you ask what the family business is, they'll lie. I already know. They are nothing but a bunch of liars.

"They are nothing but a bunch of liars. We can not trust them, you know that", I took out a book from my backpack and began to read. Normally, I'd probably sit back and be on my phone but not today. Today was not normal. Actually, no day is normal when you are called Valentina Romano.

Ruby and I fell asleep on the way to New York. But whatever, won't be the last time we'll get to see that breathtaking view. Ruby and I left the plane together. We walked down the stairs and immediately were met by two black SUVs. Just as we arrived at the bottom of the stairs a middle-aged man got out of one of the cars. He seemed around forty, maybe a bit older.

"And you two must be the Romano sisters", he said walking towards us with a warm smile on his face.

I raised one of my eyebrows. "And you are?", my voice was cold, no sympathy nor warmth.

"Your driver from now on. My name is Giovanni. You two can call me Gio", he didn't seem so bothered by my rather cold voice. More surprised. He was probably used to being spoken to in such a way by our brothers.

"We should get going, shouldn't we?", he asked whilst three other men -from the second car- we're putting our suitcases away.

"How do we know that our brother sent you? We have no information about you?", Ruby wasn't being cold but not warm either. She was using a business voice, as we called it. Not cold, not warm, more firm.

"Well, I guess you two have to just trust me", he said whilst walking back to the black car and holding open the back door. The second time today, I raised my eyebrow at him. Then we followed and climbed into the car, our backpacks sitting between our legs. Now don't get me wrong, we don't trust him but honestly what else should we expect? He even has a private jet. Of course, he wouldn't pick us -his sisters- up himself. It was predictable.

Ruby POV

"Your brothers are very excited to see you two again", Giovanni said, attempting to break the silence. Val scoffed, whilst I whispered a 'right'. Then we pulled up to a large mansion. How predictable.

"Your brothers aren't home right now, that's why I will show you to your rooms. Your luggage should be there already", our 'driver' said. So much to 'your brothers are very excited to see you two'. We followed him into the mansion and he quickly led us up the stairs. Goddamnit, they really are some rich snobs. Giovanni led us through a hallway. On each door we passed was a gold plate with a name engraved. Our brothers' names. Then there were our rooms -also with each a gold plate and our name on it-, after a quick 'goodbye' Giovanni left us alone. I entered my room and started to look around. I had two other doors in my room -one leading to a bathroom and the other to a big walk-in closet. I've got to say, they had outdone themselves. I also had two big windows opposite of my main door. Then there was a big desk standing under one of the windows. It had a computer standing on top of it. Opposite of my bed -which was standing between the two doors of my bathroom and closet, to the right of my main door- were two big shelves, almost completely covering the wall behind it. Perfect.

After taking everything in I began unpacking. I put my clothes in the closet and my books onto the big shelves. Shortly before I was done unpacking I was interrupted by my phone buzzing. I had received a message from an unknown number. Probably one of my brothers. I quickly read it and then went over to Val's room. Her room looked exactly like mine.

"Have you received a message from an unknown number?", l asked her. She nodded, before dramatically collapsing onto her queen sized bed. I rolled my eyes at her behavior.

"Ten bucks it was Alessandro?", I asked her as she grinned sheepishly.

"There is no way in hell that was Alessandro. Too emotional. I bet it was Lorenzo", she said. I shrugged and raised an eyebrow at her. She quickly said 'Deal'. I am definitely winning this. Then I left again, going back to my room. I quickly finished unpacking before taking my phone. With a quick 'Who are you?' to the unknown number I stood up, going back to Val's room and laid down beside her.

Our phones buzzed almost at the same time. We quickly picked it up to see another message from the unknown number. ,,No fucking way!", she yelled frustrated.Without saying anything she handed me the ten bucks. I grinned in triumph. She only rolled her eyes, laying back down, texting with Rhys -a friend of ours. They were always flirting -and she was definitely not a virgin anymore unlike Alessandro.

A knock on the door made us look up from our phones. ,,Dinner is ready. Would you like me to lead you two downstairs? Mr.Romano and his brothers are already there", she looked a bit older than Giovanni, but definitely nice.

"Yes that would be very nice of you", I answered with my innocent voice whilst exiting the room behind Valentina. She smiled in response and led the way downstairs. Coming nearer to the dining room -or so I suppose- the voices of my brothers got louder. They quickly fell into a silence when we entered the dining room. This is going to be fun.

To be continued...