|Chapter 15|

|Meeting the rest|

Alessandro POV

The time has come to introduce the twin girls to the rest of the family. I was still trying to figure out how to tell them about them. Luckily for them they only had to meet our uncle, aunt and their seven children -three girls and four sons. Our grandpa had passed away a few months before I received the phone call about my two younger sisters and our grandma was too old to travel all the way here from Italy.

Usually welcoming back family -or if someone had a baby- would be in a big ball with a lot of music and dancing. But that comes with inviting other Mafias that we have alliances with. The problem there was that the twins didn't know about the mafia yet and the underworld didn't know about the twins yet. And I wanted it to stay like that for some time.

Ruby POV

"So we're going to meet our uncle, aunt and cousins today?", Val asked carefully to make sure she heard them right. Our brothers were sitting in front of us on the couch whilst Val and I were each sitting in an armchair -which was way more comfortable than the couch. Ale responded with a nod to Vals question and I suggested to run -mentally of course.

"AND YOU COULDN'T HAVE SAID THAT EARLIER?", she yelled, getting up and looking at him with the infamous Romano glare. Our brothers shrunk together -even the twins (I know, shocking)- and mumbled some excuses and apologies. Told them to run, guess they don't know how to read minds -tragic. Luckily for them, just when Val decided she wanted to scream some more, Ale's phone rang which made Val shut up and sit down in the armchair again. She was still furious though. Ale didn't talk long with the person on the other end of the phone. I guess that it was one of our family members that we are supposed to meet later because Ale said something about them getting picked up whilst we were getting ready. And by the time they would arrive here we would be on the way to the restaurant.

Getting ready wasn't that hard when you had a twin sister who was obsessed with fashion and everything around that. Val had said that we were lucky to have done our nails yesterday already -Val is really good at stuff like that- so we only had to do our hair, make-up and choose our outfit.

Val had curled her dark brown hair and put my hair in an "updo". Believe me when I tell you that I didn't know what she meant until she showed me. Basically she stuck my hair up with some pins and made it look really good. Then we did our make-up -which I was able to do on my own. We both took the natural style and only applied some concealer, mascara, lipstick -whichs color fit to our outfits- and made our eyebrows, put some eyeshadow on and Val did some winged eyeliner.

Our outfits were plain and easy -nothing too fancy. Val wore a black long sleeved shirt with a V-neck and a pencil skirt with a dark green, blue and yellow plaid pattern. She also wore black high heels. I wore a similar outfit but with a dark blue long sleeved shirt -which also had a V-neck- and the exact same pencil skirt as Val. As shoes I wore some dark blue ballerinas because I am not as talented as my sister in walking in high heels -I managed to sprain my ankles more than once or twice. When we were done we decided to walk downstairs -where we were supposed to be around half an hour ago- and joined our brothers. Val and I had put our phones and everything else in our small handbags -which obviously matched our outfits- and hung them over our shoulders as we left the house to get into the car that was waiting for us. As we drove away a similar car to ours drove past us to our house -must be our family. Damn, we did take long. Whatever, at least we look good. By the time they would arrive here we would be on the way to the restaurant.

"Mio Dio! Voi due siete cresciuti in donne così belle. (My god! You two have grown into such beautiful women.)", our aunt said as she walked up to us. Because our brothers weren't supposed to know that we spoke Italian we turned around to look at them in confusion. Quickly Enzo translated it for us and told the rest of the family that we didn't know how to speak Italian yet -apparently they wanted to teach us. After that they started to introduce themselves. First our uncle and aunt -Giovanni and Melissa Romano- then our cousins. First there was Dario (27), then Elio (25) and Xander (19). After that were the three girls: Isabella (15), Alessia (14) and Stella (11). And then the youngest of them Angelo (7). The three girls were pretty shy but I guess a few lessons with Val and me and they'll come out of their shell. Let the beauty of the Romano girls be relished.

[Giovanni was the former Capo and Melissa the female Capo -who are actually higher ranked than a male Capo- of the Sicilian mafia. Two years ago Dario had taken over the mafia and shortly after that he had married -they said we'd meet her some other time. I am not sure why though, probably because of the mafia. As soon as Dario took over the mafia, Elio became his underboss, also called the second in command. The capo -Dario- has another right hand though who most of the time are the best friends of the Capo and don't have to be family -the Capo chooses them. The right hand is only for helping with decisions and isn't allowed to make them himself -or herself- and if the Capo is wounded and can't take up his work the second in command steps up and the right hand of the Capo becomes theirs. Again, if the Capo and his wife die and don't have a heir or heiress -or they aren't old enough to step up- the second in command steps up. The second in command is always family.]

The diner wasn't really that special -our aunt kept saying that she can't believe how much we had grown. We didn't stay long though because someone was spying on us and our brothers wanted us out of the way so we wouldn't get hurt -or find out about the mafia. Seriously, I believe even the other girls and Angelo know about the mafia -even if he doesn't really get it yet. But whatever, they'll be surprised when they find out what we are and that we knew all along.

But that will have to wait for some time longer.

To be continued...

I hope you guys like this chapter.

I've tried to explain the concept of the highest ranked persons in the mafia and hope that it is understandable. I know that in a lot of other stories the female leader -or wife of the capo- is always called "capa". But I have actually tried to find out about it a bit and it turns out that they usually just say "Capo" to female leaders like it is "Boss" for both female and male leaders in English. So I decided to go along with it.

I hope you guys don't mind.