|Chapter 46|

|in the end|

Third person POV

four years later

Ruby groaned as the loud screaming of a baby woke her up. "Someone shut that shit thing up!", she screamed, though it seemed like no one had heard her. Or rather, they choose to ignore her.

"Calm down, don't you have lessons in an hour anyway?", Massimo asked as he walked out of the bathroom, toothbrush in his mouth, towel wrapped around his waist, hair still wet from the shower he previously had taken, looking at his girlfriend in amusement.

"Shut up!", she groaned, as she rolled out of bed, falling onto the ground with a loud thud.

"Now you're just being dramatic, amore", he replied, shaking his head softly at her and walking back inside the bathroom. Ruby following suit, undressing herself and stepping into the shower, totally ignoring her boyfriend.

Massimo spit out the toothpaste, washing his mouth, before he turned around to lean against the sink, his phone in his hands as he texted with his girlfriend's twin.

"Valentina's going to arrive tomorrow already", Massimo informed his amore as she turned off the shower and ripped back the curtain.

"Really? Thought they were going to come later", Ruby replied, taking the towel that her boyfriend handed her as he hummed to what she said. She dried herself off and stepped out of the shower as Massimo left their bathroom to get dressed.

"I'm so excited to see Armani again." Ruby scrunched her face up at her boyfriend's words.

"How can you be excited to see that devil's spawn again?", she asked in horror, already feeling the dread setting in when she only just thought about spending her time with her two year old nephew. He was really just like his parents. Massimo looked at her, laughing loudly as he threw a few clothes at her that he chose for her to wear today, knowing full-well she would be late to her lessons if she was going to choose her own outfit. Wouldn't be the first time.

Together the couple walked downstairs to eat some breakfast, ignoring Alessandro and his fiancé who were making out in the middle of the hallway.

"Good morning you two, did you sleep well?", Emerald asked cheery, her small pregnancy bump starting to show more and more from day to day.

"Awesome, until Sage started screaming on top of her lungs because her useless father is too damn lazy to calm her down", Ruby grumbled, making Massimo and Emerald chuckle at her.

"Shut up, cagna", Antonio, aka the lazy father, grumbled back as he walked inside, his daughter in his arms and Paisley -his wife- behind him, hitting him upside down, as he cursed in front of his five month old.

"Why? She's right", Leonardo replied, strolling into the kitchen, looking tired and hungover from all the partying and the nights he stayed awake doing the deed with random women he picked up from random clubs. Everyone rolled their eyes at him, but no one replied as they were too occupied with their breakfast. And catching up with Francesco, who had come back from his trip around the world last night. He seemed overly tired and like he was going to fall asleep any second, but still he wore a smile on his face, being happy to be back with his family; the people that he loved.

"By the way, did you guys know that Valentina is going to come tomorrow already", Ruby asked into the round, watching as Francesco's eyes lit up, after not seeing her for even way longer than his other siblings.

"No, but it's nice to know that the whole family is going to be together once again after such a long time", Lorenzo replied, before ushering Ruby out of the dining hall, because she was late again. Massimo followed her into the garage, slipping into the driver's seat of his car as Ruby sat in the passenger's seat.

Arriving at her university where she was studying informatics. He gave her a quick kiss and wished her a nice day and off he was again, to drive to the base, where he helped train a few newbies in the hacking compartment.

The Romano siblings had finally come to peace with their life's. They were happy to say the least.

Alessandro had mustered up all of his courage to finally come out to the world after he had been given a million pep talks by his siblings and his now fiancé.

Lorenzo was happily married to Emerald, who had just announced her pregnancy a month before.

Antonio was over the moon with his five month old daughter and wife. Safe to say, he was finally showing what real softie he was. Leonardo, on the other hand, was enjoying his single life to the fullest, being a womanizer and partying as much as he could.

Francesco's dream had come true, he had traveled around the world -though he hadn't visited every country- whilst finishing his last year of university, where he had studied psychology.

Valentina was still married to the idiot called Álvaro Rodriguez and had popped out a baby boy two years prior after many complications and miscarriages. Though the couple couldn't be happier about becoming parents, they had promised no more children to each other -at least not biological. It would be too much of a risk for Valentina.

Ruby couldn't be happier with her life. Although she was annoyed by Antonio's baby girl Sage and Valentina's baby boy Armani, she was unbelievably happy that her family had finally found peace and no one had to suffer anymore. She was even more happy -and relieved- about the fact that her siblings accepted her boyfriend of almost two years and had stopped threatening him.

The Romano's were thriving.

End.