|Chapter 33|

|finally, his time|

Third person POV

Dario didn't know how to feel about the news. His father had always resented Rocco, but he thought it was because of the way that he treated his children and other people around him. Was it really out of jealousy? Should he confront him? Kill him? He couldn't let him hurt his cousins that was for sure. But could he kill his own father? Alessandro killed his own father but that was because he was an abusive asshole. This was entirely different. His father had always loved him and now he had to kill him.

Dario felt like throwing up. How could his father think this way? He knew that Giovanni always wanted to be the leader of the Italian Mafia and that he was a bit jealous of his older brother for taking this from him. But Dario just couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that he was jealous of his nephew. Alessandro had worked hard to become what he was now. To bring the Mafia under the top ten. The Italian Mafia was never a really big or successful Mafia, but when Sandro had taken over he changed things; to the better. Not only were the people treated better, they also got more successful. So why couldn't Giovanni be proud of his nephew? Was he really that jealous?

"Papa, we have to talk", Dario said, walking into his father's office without knocking. What he didn't expect was his own father holding a gun to his head. "Papa? What is this all about?", Dario asked, stepping out of the office to get away from his father who was holding a gun to his head. "Are you that jealous?" That was it. Giovanni pulled the trigger and Dario threw himself to the side, the bullet grazing his arm. Giovanni didn't waste any time. He used his son's situation to his advantage and hit him in the head, successfully knocking him out. It was time.

He gathered his little army and made his way to his private jet. Without a single thought given to his wife and children, but rather to his nephews and nieces and what he was going to do to them.

He never loved Melissa, the only one finding a place in his heart was Amelia -and that Bitch broke it. He had acted like he loved Melissa for all those years and at some point he had believed his own acting. But he came back into reality when he got the news of his nieces' return. Finally, he could go through with his plan. He was planning on doing it when they visited them. But then those stupid daughters of his idiot brother had to reveal that they were a member of The Élite. That made things much more difficult. But he was able to convince the Russians to help him. They would get his nieces for their sex trafficking and he would be able to murder his nephews. As soon as his private jet landed in New York he took out his phone and called the Russian leader. A few days and they would be here, to help him. He couldn't keep the smirk from appearing on his handsome face. He was quite handsome regarding his age. But that didn't change that he had an ugly character. Oh, how wrong everyone was about him. They had actually believed his act. How foolish.

Maybe he was more like his brother than he wanted to admit after all.

Meanwhile, Dario had awoken from the slumber that his father had put him in. He looked at the chaos and shook his head. How could he?

First, he called his mother, asking if she knew where Giovanni was. She denied and asked what the problem was; he sounded so stressed. He quickly explained what had happened. How he tried to murder him and then hit him unconsiouss. His mother was shocked. Then he called his cousin, but not Alessandro. Valentina, he knew she was in charge. She had a much better visuality than Alessandro. She was born to wear the crown, Alessandro had learned how to wear it and keep his head from falling due to the heaviness. He told her that Giovanni was probably on his way to New York and that he had tried to murder him. And the worst part, he had taken a quarter of the Sicilian Mafia with him.

"Call the alliances", Valentina said, walking into the dining room, her phone in her hand, already informing everyone that she knew was important. Alessandro immediately obeyed, his sister sounded worried.

"Giovanni tried to murder Dario and then hit him unconsiouss. He said when he woke up a quarter of the Mafia and Giovanni were gone. His mother doesn't know anything either", she quickly explained. Then she sat down at the dining table, sighing deeply. "Why the Russians?", she asked out loud, deep in her thoughts. That was a good question. Why did he ask the Russians for help?

"We'll find out." Alessandro was stressed himself. "Hopefully without anyone getting hurt", he added, before digging into his food, the others followed his example quietly. No one knew what to really say to the situation. How could he have fooled them all so well? For years they had thought that Giovanni loved them. He protected them from their father whenever he could and always took their minds off things, especially with Alessandro. Seeing that he was the heir to the Mafia. Was that why he had done it? Why he had tried to distract him from his sessions? Alessandro didn't know who to trust anymore. He was hurt, deeply hurt by his uncle's actions. But he knew he couldn't let that affect him. He had to stay clear in his head. For his siblings' protection. And if that was the last thing he was going to do.

To be continued...