|Chaper 5|

|Rules and expectations|

Valentina POV

Without saying anything Ruby and I sat down next to each other, waiting for one of our brothers to say something. "It's nice to see you two again", our oldest brother, Alessandro, finally said. Ruby and I smiled at him, looking grateful because he took us in -although we weren't.

"You must be Alessandro, right? The oldest?", Ruby asked softly and curious. He nodded, before replying.

"Yes, I am twenty six years old. I also run the 'Romano Company' that is why I am not home as often as your other brothers", he explained and then gave his -or our- brothers a stern look before focusing back onto his food. Alessandro had dark brown hair, you could easily mistake it with black, but if you take a closer look you'll see it is definitely brown. He also had brown eyes just like Ruby and I. Apart from that, we didn't look alike at all. He looked like the spitting image of our father.

"Right, I am Lorenzo and I'm twenty four years old. I am the C.O.O of the 'Romano Company' but I will still be home often. Partly because I work from home most of the time." Lorenzo looked pretty happy to see us again, unlike Alessandro. But I guess, he wasn't really comfortable showing emotion like Lorenzo. Lorenzo had brown hair, which was a bit lighter than Alessandros, and blue eyes. He definitely looked a lot like our father, although he had a few of those soft features our mother had. A mix of both, I guess.

"Antonio and Leonardo, twenty one", Antonio grumbled, showing to Leonardo whilst saying his name. They both looked bored and like they'd love to be anywhere but here. Wow, I'm hurt, brothers. Notice the sarcasm, please. They were identical twins -just like Ruby and I. Both of them had short brown hair and brown eyes. Now that I think about it, most of us had inherited our mothers brown eyes. The twins looked like they were a lot of trouble. Way to go.

"I am Francesco, but you can call me Cesco. Also, I am eighteen years old, hence you'll go to school with me. I bet we have a lot in common. There are so many things I want to do with you two", Francesco was the only one who was actually happy and excited, or so it seemed. I couldn't quite say what each of them felt about the situation because they were pretty good at covering up their feelings. Francesco looked a lot like us. He shared our black hair, soft features and petit nose, which we all inherited from our mother. The only thing we didn't have in common was our eyes and the height. His eyes were blue like our fathers and just like our other brothers he reached well over six foot, whilst Ruby and I only reached five foot nine -which was quite big for girls.

As soon as the boys were done introducing themselves Alessandro looked at us. If he wanted us to introduce ourselves then he shall say so. I knew Ruby wouldn't introduce herself first, so I raised an eyebrow at Alessandro to silently ask him what he wanted.

"Introduce yourselves." His voice was demanding and full of power and authority. There was no place for arguming, not that I wanted to.

"Valentina and Ruby, sixteen", I said, showing to Ruby as I said her name and glaring at Antonio. Two could play this game. Seemingly angered that I was copying and mocking him, he glared back. Mentally smirking, I sat back enjoying what I had accomplished.

"If you are done eating I suggest we go into my office to talk about the rules you will follow and what I expect of you considering school and grades", Alessandro said, interrupting Antonios and my silent glare contest.

"Actually, we'd like to do so here. We feel more comfortable like so", Rudy said innocently, looking -or acting- intimidated. Alessandro nodded understandingly and sat back down, while the twins smirked at her played scareness, thinking it was reality. Dumbasses.