|Chapter 8|

|First day of school|

Ruby POV

Coming somewhere new ment meeting new people. Now, I wasn't someone to say that I was a complete introvert nor was I an extrovert. I was something in between, I didn't hate people in general but neither did I actually like them. And I was in no way good with socializing or making new friends. But that had never been a problem, because the things that I couldn't do were handled by my sister, and the other way around. We always had each other's back, no matter the situation and circumstances. Just as we had our backs when we were being bullied.

It started when we first arrived at the assassination boarding school. I remember those two years very well. Valentina and I had been six and were the youngest there. Unlike all the other kids and teenagers there, we didn't know how to defend ourselves before we got there -we were weak and fragile. Two years, and then everything changed. It was shortly after our eighth birthday, mine and Val's first mission together with a few other assassins. I wasn't as good as the others in combat so I stayed in the van, looking at a small monitor, telling them where they had to go and if someone was coming their direction. That day changed everything. No one believed that the eight year old Valentina would actually raise her gun and pull the trigger. And one believed that the eight year old Ruby would succeed to direct the others around. They stopped bullying us after that, because we had proved ourselves. We were capable of being like them, belonging to The Élite.

I truly believed that the school we would be going to, wouldn't be as hard as it was back then. The building was fancier than the one of our old school, it was massive to be honest. Yet, it didn't reach the standards of The Élite -the school had looked like a palace. Trinity High school was a private school for rich and stock up snobs. The green grass surrounding the outside of the building was neatly clipped, perfection. Just like the school expected it from the students.

The principal and the teacher -who had watched us whilst we took the test- were just as surprised as our brothers when it came to the results of the placement test, that both I and Valentina had to take. The placement test was easy and only took us around an hour, although we were told that it usually took around two hours -if not more. Val and I were now in the same grade as our youngest brother and would graduate with him. Fortunately, we didn't have all classes together with Cesco, because we had more AP classes than he did.

Knocking on the door, that would lead us to our first class, we entered upon hearing the 'come in'. Closing the door behind us I could feel the stares of the other students sitting in the classroom.

"You two must be the new students, right?", she asked. "Well, I am Ms.Diaz, your English teacher. Why don't you two introduce yourselves and then go and sit down", she added in a sweet voice whilst taking a seat herself.

"My name is Valentina and that is my twin sister Ruby. We're sixteen", Val said in a sweet and innocent voice while I stood beside her and smiled at the class like the angel I was -not. We quickly sat down, Val in the second row and I right in front of her. Ms.Diaz continued her English class -which was kind of boring- until the lesson was over and we went to our next class. The classes were all the same, we introduced ourselves, sat down and waited until the lesson was over. At lunch Val and I sat alone and avoided the other students.

When school was over Enzo came and picked us and Cesco up. He asked us how our first day was, but all we said was 'good' and 'a bit boring'.

Arriving at the mansion we went upstairs avoiding any conversations to get changed. Then we did our homework -even if we didn't want to- and watched some Netflix together until we were called down for dinner.

"How was your first day?", Alessandro asked, making me inwardly roll my eyes. We gave the same answers, we gave Francesco and Lorenzo before starting to eat. Just like the past week, the boys had conversations of their own whilst Val and I stayed silent and focused on our dinner. Until Val broke the silence we had kept on.

"Mozhet, my snova sbegayem i issleduyem yeshche koe-chto segodnya vecherom? (Shall we sneak out again and explore some more tonight?)" I nodded in approval to what she had said. Only realising a few seconds later that the whole table had gone silent, everyone's eyes on us. At first I thought "Oh no, they know how to speak Russian", but then I realised that our brothers weren't smart enough to learn the language of their enemies.

"What language was that? Russian?", Francesco asked after a few more seconds of silence. Val and I nodded whilst focusing on our food again. The boys went back to eating their food and continuing their conversations after that, not asking any other questions. Though I did see Slandro and Enzo exchange some looks. To be honest, I didn't expect any of them to ask any questions at all. In the past week that we have been here we avoided our brothers to the best we could and actually snuck out ones without getting caught. Our brothers didn't seem to mind much, especially Antonino and Leonardo who held a big grudge against Val and I. Though Enzo and Cesco tried to do something with us and talk with us, we rejected them and after a few times they gave up. As to Alessandro, he actually spent over half of his day working and didn't really have time.

Let's see how this works out.

To be continued...