|Chapter 28|

|The aftermath|

Ruby POV

Valentina stormed into the living room right after we walked through the door, calling after us as we tried to sneak past her -mission failed. "Are you guys out of your mind?!"

"What are you talking about?", I asked innocently, sitting down on the couch between the others. The only one who stood was Alessandro.

"What I'm talking about? WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT?!"

"Calm down, sorella-", Lorenzo said, attempting to calm the crazy bitch down. But it did the exact opposite. It seemed to just add to the fueling fire inside Satan herself. She was definitely not just mad but rather seething. And today, the boys would learn what it would feel like to suffer Satan's wrath -how exciting.

"Calm down? No, I will not calm down. To help refresh your mind, sorella", she said, turning back to glare at me. I knew exactly what I have gotten myself into. But I wasn't scared, I knew she would never hurt me. "You", she pointed her claws -commonly mistaken as fingers with long nails- at me, "tried to poison Álvaro Rodriguez."

"We had to! And if you wouldn't have been so dumb to help him then you would be free now!", Alessandro said, standing directly in front of Valentina -that was a mistake, silly boy. Doesn't he know not to play with fire?

"Cut it, Romano! Do you even know what could've happened if I didn't?"

"Valen-" "Of fucking course you don't! You do realise that the Spanish Mafia is the number one fucking Mafia. The Mafia of the Mafias. Did you really think that you could just get away with killing the Boss? They would start a war."

"And we have our allies", Lorenzo piped in. No we don't, we'd be all alone. Why did I still do it after knowing what was going to happen? First of all, I knew what Valentina would be doing. Secondly, I'm fucking suicidal -like every other assassin too. I mean, how can you be an assassin and not be suicidal? The job alone is suicide and the contract your signing is the shovel to your fucking grave.

"Wow, fratello, I really overestimated you and your intelligence. You have the same exact allies as the Spanish Mafia, the only ally that you don't have is the Spanish Mafia. You didn't really think the other Mafias would be on your side right?", I feel you, I do, I overestimated them too. "Remember, sorella, fratelli, Mafias are on the side of the winners, not the losers", she stated coldly before turning around and exiting the living room. She walked upstairs, probably to her room to calm herself down before her rage is going to blind her and she goes on a killing spree. We could hear doors slamming shut, the sound echoing through the whole mansion. Damn, I didn't think that my brothers would actually fall for my plan. Dumber than I thought.

"Well, that went well", I said after a moment of silence. My brothers' heads snapped towards me -whiplash, just saying- and each and everyone one of them glared at me. Poor things, think they are so smart. I pouted at them, giving them the best innocent look I could muster without bursting out laughing at their failed attempt to intimidate me. Here the screaming comes.

"Well? That didn't go well! Did you see her? She was about to kill us in the most painful way possible!", Antonio exclaimed, totally exaggerating.

"Yes, Antonio I did see her. And no, she wasn't about to kill us in the most painful way possible", I said, mocking him, "maybe the maids and guards, but not us."

"How fantastic. Because I want to waste my time finding new maids and guards", Alessandro retorted with a sarcastic smile towards me.

"Well, if that's so", I replied with the same sarcastic smile. I think they sometimes forget that I have the same damn blood running through my veins as they do and that I'm just as much of a bitch as they're assholes.

I got up from the couch and went upstairs, back to my room to have some quality time with myself. I could use a nice relaxing bath after all of this drama today.

I entered the bathroom, taking off my clothes as the water started to fill the tub. After the tub was filled and I had turned off the water, I slid inside the bathtub with a bath bomb in my hand. I quickly found a comfortable and relaxing position, letting the bath bomb fall into the water with an exciting grin on my face that quickly fell when nothing happened. Cursing under my breath, I picked the stupid thing back up just to find out that I forgot to take of the dumb wrapper thing.

At least the damn thing made the water look pretty after I fumbled the dumb wrapper off.

Around an hour later I stepped back out of the bathtub -after washing myself, obviously- dried myself off with a towel and put some lotion on. Gotta keep my skin hydrated. I stepped out of my bathroom with a bathrobe on and flopped down onto my bed. I sighed in content, stood back up and walked into my closet. I fished out some comfortable underwear -which also meant: no bra. I mean, seriously, how can people wear a bra to bed? I quickly dressed myself, putting on the underwear that I just fished out and an oversized t-shirt. I also took out some short leggings, putting it on and then exiting my closet again. I went to my desk and took out my laptop, then went back to my bed, flopping down on it and getting comfortable. Once I was comfortable, I started my laptop and opened Netflix.

Some snacks would be nice now. I smirked evilly, I've learned out of my mistakes. Going back into my closet, I went to my safe. I had two safes: one for my weapons and one for snacks and water -I initially told Alessandro that not all of my weapons fit into the first one I had, so he bought me another one. I opened the one with the snacks and water in it, took out some chips and sour patches and -of course- some water. Then I closed it again and left to go back into my bed and finally watch some Netflix. I put on some random series that Netflix recommended to me and laid back, opening the chips bag. >Have a nice night, Romano<, I wished myself and smirked.

Third person POV

"I can't believe she saved his life", Antonio and Leonardo said in unison as soon as Ruby walked away leaving the brothers to their thoughts.

"Me neither", Lorenzo said as Alessandro only nodded in defeat and plopped down onto one of the armchairs. It was silent for a few seconds, everyone caught in their own thoughts.

"She was right. We shouldn't have done it", Francesco said, agreeing with the oldest Romano girl. His brothers hummed. She probably was, but it had been a shot worth and if they were to go down with killing the Spanish Mafia Boss. Because in the end, they would've saved her from those cruel hands that her father had laid her into. Now, she was lost; forever lost. And they didn't know if they could handle losing her again.

To be continued...

Fratello - Brother
Sorella - Sister
Fratelli - Brothers