|Chapter 40|

|Introducing|

Third person POV

"Hi, I'm Emerald", Lorenzo's girlfriend exclaimed, stretching her hand out to shake Alessandro's hand. Most people thought that meeting Alessandro was the scariest part of meeting the Romano family. It wasn't. The scariest part was meeting Valentina and seeing if she approved for you to be around her family. She was the true boss in the family, even if most addressed Alessandro first. Alessandro shook her hand and introduced himself and his younger brothers and sister -the goddess herself was late (as always). Before Valentina came downstairs, Paisley arrived and just like Emerald she introduced herself to Alessandro firstly. Though Paisley didn't seem as nervous as Emerald and even hugged Leonardo as she already knew him.

"Why don't we go and sit down at the dining table, lunch should be ready soon", Alessandro said, leading the small group into the dining room and sitting down at his assigned seat, the head. As Emerald sat down, everyone seemed to realize that the seat she sat in was Valentina's. Lorenzo shrugged it off and so everyone else let it be, knowing Lorenzo would have to deal with the tempered girl.

"I thought you said you had two sisters?", Paisley said, frowning.

"I do, but she isn't here right now. She'll join with her soon to be", he said uncomfortably. Paisley nodded, fully aware that he had said that both his sisters were sixteen. Something was smelling fishy.

"Lo siento my ass, Álvaro! Get your ass over here and quickly", a female voice, unknown to Paisley and Emerald, yelled. A young woman, looking exactly like Ruby, entered the dining room, seemingly angered by the other person on her phone. Without further interaction, she hung up and stomped over to her usual seat, before realizing that someone was sitting in it. She stopped, raising an eyebrow at her second oldest brother who didn't look at her, instead looked down onto the table. She rolled her eyes, turning around and flopping down at the end of the table, muttering a 'dick' under her breath.

"Come vuoi, Valentina, abbiamo ospiti (Suit yourself, Valentina, we have guests)", Alessandro's voice boomed through the dining room, leaving the newest addition to have goosebumps. So that was Valentina, Paisley and Emerald thought to themselves. Emerald was quite surprised when the girl had stomped over to her. Had she done something wrong?

Shortly after Valentina had joined, the maids started to serve the food and quickly scurried away again when they noticed the obvious tension. Emerald and Paisley felt uncomfortable, moreso Emerald, as she got the feeling that Valentina didn't like her. She didn't know what Alessandro had told her as she didn't speak Italian, but she knew for sure that it was some kind of warning.

Everyone began eating, the awkward silence now being filled with the noises of eating and the cutlery scratching the plates. Everyone stopped as the doorbell rang and before anyone could say or ask anything, Valentina stood up and left the dining room to open the door. Finally, she thought to herself. Had no one told the woman that she was sitting in the Queen's seat? She was pissed, not at the -obvious- innocent woman, but at her brother, Lorenzo. She reached the door and without looking who it was she opened the big and heavy front door. Álvaro.

"Look who decided to show up", Valentina said sarcastically. She was in a pissy mood. Her period had started this morning -and with that was almost a week too early. And it had ruined her favorite pants that she had anticipated to wear. And on top of that, Álvaro had decided to come way too late.

"Shut up", Álvaro grumbled and pushed past her. He, also, was in a pissy mood. He had sat in an airplane for almost eight hours -from Málaga to New York- and on top of that his car had been attacked as he was on his way to his private jet, to fly to his betrothed.

Valentina rolled her eyes at him, not needing to ask him why he was late. She already knew -she had her eyes everywhere and when a Mafioso was attacked she was one of the first persons to be informed. They walked to the dining table in peace, both in a pissy mood and needing a cool down, asap. Thinking the same as the other one, Álvaro swung his left fist at Valentina, who ducked just in time to not get the fist in her face and risk having a broken nose. She swiped his feet away, but didn't manage to get out of his reach fast enough as he dragged her down with him. They struggled against each other and stumbled into the dining room, still fighting. The Romano family was used to them fighting; verbally and physically. But the two women didn't. So it was safe to say that both of them were surprised when the "couple" stumbled into the dining room, fighting. And it was also safe to say that they both were outraged and upset that Antonio took his phone out and started filming instead of protecting his little sister -of course, no one of the other siblings dared to go between that either, they weren't suicidal. Valentina swung her fist at Álvaro and hit him across his face, making him groan in pain.

He touched his jaw, where her fist had collided with his face, and looked at her with big eyes, before smirking. "Damn, you have a solid right hook", he said, impressed and proud.

"I know, right?", Valentina said, grinning and flexing her arm muscles like a bodybuilder. Álvaro snorted at her obvious narcissism -not like he was different, though- and sat down in front of Valentina, introducing himself, before digging into his food.

One thing they both had in common:
They both loved food.

Antonio and Lorenzo hadn't lied when they had said that their family was crazy.
They were crazy.

To be continued...