|Chapter 9|

|Peasents|

Third person POV

Using the darkness of the night to their advantage they crept further in the alley way. Not making any sound Valentina Romano climbed up the fire escape, her sister hot on her heels. On the rooftop the assassins stayed low, again not making any sound as they admired the view.

"Kak pozdno? (How late is it?)", she asked her sister, Ruby, in russian whilst turning around to face her. As mesmerizing as the view was, the girls couldn't afford getting caught by their brothers. And tonight the twins had ran pretty far away.

"Pozdno. My dolzhny skoro razvernut'sya (Late. We should turn around soon)", her sister answered not taking her eyes off the view. Agreeing with her sister, she started to walk back to the fire escape that had led them up on the rooftop. As soon as they reached the bottom, they walked back through the alley way that they had come from.

Back at the assassination boarding school the twins had learned to always watch their surroundings, especially the ones behind your back. That was the reason why Ruby and Valentina had registered the unknown men before they started talking and touching them. The two men, who were busy surrounding the youngest, turned around shocked as they heard the third one of them scream out in pain. Valentina had grabbed the man's hand as he tried to grab her ass and twisted it.

"If you want me to let go of his hand and not break it you better step away from my sister and leave", she threatened before twisting the arm a bit further to demonstrate what she meant. As the two men proceeded to stay close to her little sister Val lost her patience. Rolling her eyes, she twisted the arm so far that it gave a loud crack as it broke. Val grinned as she heard the satisfying scream from the man whose arm she had just broken. Registering that Val wasn't kidding -and probably a psychopath- the two men surrounding her sister stepped away in shock, before turning around and running away. Valentina took the last one by his hair and smashed his head so hard against the brick wall behind her that he fell unconscious.

"I thought you were going to beat all of them up", Ruby said to her sister as they walked into the train station to get back quicker.

"I would've but considering how far away we are from the mansion I thought I should make it quick. You know I take my time hurting people. It's supposed to be fun and not stressful", she replied.

The train was almost completely empty. The siblings sat down, their faces covered with their hood. ,,Do you think we'll get caught this time?" Val shrugged with her shoulders at her sister's question. How was she supposed to know? For all she knew their brothers could have noticed their absence already a few hours ago. But she hoped they didn't. Not because she actually cared about breaking rules or angering her brothers but because she wasn't in the mood for a lecture. The worst that could happen was their brothers giving them bodyguards so they wouldn't sneak out anymore. Or maybe they would get grounded but that wasn't any of Valentinas concern. She couldn't give two shits about being grounded.

Ruby POV

"Do you need help?", Val asked from above me. I rolled my eyes but didn't reply. Instead I concentrated on my movements. One mistake and I could fall and break my neck -which would obviously end up with me being dead. And I wasn't so fond of the idea of dying in my brother's garten. Not that I would want to die anywhere else on his land.

I sighed out in relief as I climbed into my sisters room without injuring myself -or dying. I -very much dramatically- fell to the ground and started kissing it. >Thank you dear lord for getting me up here without any harm<, I mentally prayed. As soon as I stood up I made my way to the door to go back into my room. As much as I wanted to just fall into bed and sleep I resisted. I went into my closet and took some fresh clothes before leaving to go into the bathroom. The bathroom and the closet were each almost as big as my room. In the bathroom I stripped from my clothes, put them into the laundry basket -because they were sweaty- and got into the shower. I quickly washed my body before shutting off the water and taking a towel to dry my body off. I didn't wash my hair because I had just done that the day before. Stepping out -now dry- I put some lotion on my body and got dressed. Then I finished the rest of my morning routine and went back into my room. There I sat down in my chair -which was in front of my desk- to finish some school work. After I was done I sent a message to Val who told me that she was also done with everything. I left my room and met with Val in the hallway. "Ready?", with that we nodded at each other, walking downstairs with our heads held high. Because what better way to show someone that you were the ruler and they were the peasant?

To be continued...

I apologise for taking so long but school has been really time consuming and exhausting lately. It will probably take a bit for the next chapter because I have to learn a lot (I am in my final year and my first exams are soon). I hope you understand.

Also thank you for reading this book and supporting me.

I really appreciate it.