|Chapter 6|

|Assholes!|

Third person POV

Alessandro was fuming mad. How could they be so disrespectful towards him and his brothers? He took them in and made sure they were safe and that's what he got in return? That, he wouldn't allow. No matter how many punishments it will take, they'll eventually learn to listen. And how did they even know that Lorenzo had been lying about the boys having their own rules?

Meanwhile, the Romano girls had finally calmed down. They had expected a lot of things, but not that. How could their brothers be such sexists? Their mother would be disappointed in them. After all, she had always prefered the boys. Rocco had definitely done something wrong whilst raising the boys. Even though they were far too old to be called boys, they didn't deserve to be called men. They were far from that.

Francesco was devastated. He should have said something to help his sorelle. He knew it was wrong to give them rules that told them what to wear on their own bodies, but he didn't want them to be looked at the wrong way. They could be raped. Still it was wrong and his bambine hated him. What could he do to change their minds about him?

Lorenzo didn't know what to do. Should he go comfort the youngest of the boys? Should he go and see how the oldest set of twins were doing? Although he was sure, they were about to start drinking, especially Toni. Or should he maybe go and see how Alessandro was doing? Try and calm him down, before he would destroy his office? There was only one thing he knew not to do at all costs. Go and see the youngest two of the family. The ones that just came home and already brought devastation and sadness, such as anger but most importantly happiness. Something the Romano brothers had tried to feel for years but failed at. What should he do?

Lorenzo was right. Whilst Alessandro was in his office, full of anger -anger at himself- and destroyed everything he saw, the oldest set of twins were downstairs in the kitchen. On the counter standing every bottle of alcohol they found, some already empty and others waiting to be opened. They knew for a fact, they would be left alone. Everyone knew of their antics by now. Everyone but their little sisters. So whilst Francesco was in his bed -balling his eyes out-, Lorenzo in his own room -drowning in self-hatred-, the twin boys drowned their feelings in alcohol again. Not noticing how one of their sisters came downstairs, hearing them ranting and saying cruel words about their sorelle.

Ruby POV

Craving a glass of water, I left Val -who fell asleep on her bed- and Val's room behind. Heading downstairs, I knew the kitchen was near the dining room, so I made my way there. Suddenly I heard voices. I kept quiet and tip-toed closer to the kitchen entrance. Leonardo and Antonio. What were they talking about? It didn't take long for me to realise what they were talking about.

"They've ruined our family ones and now they come back doing it again", Antonio slurred, were they drunk?

"Right? And the way they freaked out about the rules. That just proved that they are whores. Gold-diggers, probably. They're only here for our money", Leonardo slurred back. I had enough, gold-diggers? We have our own money to spend, we don't need theirs. Just for the record, we didn't ask for them to take us in and let us live here. We were forced to. Having enough of their conversation, I walked into the kitchen, starting to search through the cabinets.

"Don't worry, I am not trying to steal your dishes", I said sarcastically whilst taking out a glass from one of the cabinets and pouring in some water. I knew they were staring at me as soon as I walked into the kitchen. I turned around and leaned myself against the sink. Then I stared at them whilst raising my glass, saying "Cheers" and drinking it. They were trying to apologise, saying that they were drunk and didn't mean it, or that they didn't know I was there. Bullshit, if you ask me.

I put my glass in the sink, before turning and leaving the kitchen. ,,Drunk words are sober thoughts", I said whilst exiting the kitchen and walking back to my room. I didn't need their stupid apologies. Back in Val's room, I quickly woke her up -not caring what time it was- and told her what happened.

"No way, they said that? It is new to me, that we were the ones, saying we wanted to live here and not them forcing us. Assholes! They'll see what they get from insulting us", I nodded. She was right, we didn't want to live here in the first place, we were forced to, by them. And know they dare go around, insulting us? Absolutely not, they'll see who they're messing with soon enough.

Because mocking a woman is like drinking too much. It may be fun at first, but the aftermath is hell.

To be continued...

*bambine - baby girls