|Chapter 10|

|bonding time|

Alessandro POV

"This can't go any longer", Lorenzo sighed. He was right. The two girls had been here for almost a month now and we hadn't bonded yet. Not that we didn't want to, but I -for one- had a shit tonne of work to do -it had taken me four nights of work to keep the girls hidden just a bit longer- and Lorenzo was trying his best to help me and be at home to spend time with our younger siblings. But that wasn't really working out, considering the twin boys were always out -probably with their friends or hooking up- and Francesco.... Francesco was being Francesco. There is not much to say about him. He usually does homework and then watches TV or plays video games for the rest of the day. He doesn't have a lot of friends as you may know by now, he just talks too much for most of the people. And the twin girls, well they have been -successfully- avoiding all of us -even Francesco.

"Maybe we could make a schedule, you know? Starting with the oldest to the youngest of the boys we make a schedule of who does something with the twin girls together." Honestly, I have been thinking of this schedule for quite some while now. It could help us get closer with the twins and maybe with each other, since we never do anything together.

"You mean like: Monday you go out with the twin girls, Tuesday I and so on?", my brother and second in command asks. I nodded but there was something else I wanted to do. I didn't just want a schedule for which brother gets the twin sisters on what day. I also wanted to add that maybe once or twice a week we'd have a family night. So I voice my thoughts to Lorenzo knowing that he was all for it. He had always complained about me not spending enough time at home or the others constantly being out or ignoring each other. Which means: the twin boys were ignoring Francesco, who was way too happy for their liking.

"I like the idea of that. How about we make a schedule for the next four days where we each spend the day with the twin girls. And on every Saturday night we make a movie night. And we should -at least- spend every dinner together", Lorenzo said excitedly.

"We shall do as you say", I replied with fake enthusiasm.

"Where are Antonio and Leonardo?", I asked sternly. I tell everyone to show up for dinner once, so we can catch up on each other's lives and act like a real family and they don't show up? This is off to a good start.

"How are we supposed to know?" Yeah, how are they supposed to know, dumbass!, my consciousness screamed at me. I sighed and rubbed my forehead. I'm going to get a fucking headache. Can't these little shits listen to me for once?

"Lorenzo! Call them", he immediately obeyed. When he finished talking to them -and scolding them- everything went silent. No one dared to talk, though it looked like the twin sisters were communicating with their eyes -or telepathically.

"Look who decided to join", Valentina said, taunting the first sets of twins when they arrived. Leonardo rolled his eyes whilst Antonio looked like he wanted to say something insulting back. One look from me and he sat down silently.

"I've decided that from now on we will be spending every dinner together", the twin boys groaned out in annoyance. ,,I am not done yet", I said with a cold voice, immediately shutting them up. "We will also be spending every Saturday night together to have a movie night or some sort of family time. And I made a schedule for the next four days. I will start tomorrow with taking the twin sisters out, then Lorenzo, then Antonio and Leonardo and lastly Francesco. I don't want to hear any complaining or whining, there will be no change", I said before starting to eat. This time I could hear both sets of twins groan out in annoyance. This will be fun, I can already tell.

Ruby POV

"Where do you think he'll be taking us?", I asked my twin sister. She shrugged and continued to walk upstairs. Once we made it to my room she locked the door and flopped down onto my bed. I followed her example and flopped down beside her.

"You know we can't trust them, right?", Valentina said, sitting up on my bed. I nodded in agreement, although we both knew that with each day we spent here it was getting harder to not trust them; to not run up to them and hug the life out of them like we did when we were younger. When we were younger and everything was still perfect; when the world was still painted with rainbows and the sun in the left corner.

"Good." She stood up, unlocked the door and left, shutting the door behind her. Of course we shouldn't trust them, but as I just said, it was getting harder with each passing day.

They were more than just involved with the underworld which meant Val and I would be in constant danger -not that we weren't already. On top of that was that the whole underworld soon would come to know us -even though we won't know about them. Or so they thought. Of course we knew about the underworld. We had to know everything. Every mafia leader, every soon to be mafia leader, every big underground fighter and racer, every big hacker and every big gang leader. This wasn't hard to learn or to find out because we were members of The Élite. The Élite is the biggest Organisation for assassins in the world. Children from the age of six can be sent to one of their boarding schools -they are all around the world- to be trained to become an assassin. Usually they train until they are eighteen but some finish earlier, like Val and I. We finished shortly after our fifteenth birthday and moved back in with John and our mother. (A/N John is/was their stepfather) But as most of the assassins trained by The Élite do, we stayed members. Meaning they give us our missions; which are usually done in teams but can be done alone. Val and I mostly do our missions together; I am the one looking out for the enemies and possible escapes for Val and Val is the one getting the information, killing someone or whatever the mission is.

Val and I haven't been on a mission since we moved in with our brothers. There's a high risk that they find out about what we are doing or possibly ruin one of our missions. We can't afford ruining a mission at all costs. But we can't tell them what we do either; they could force us to leave The Élite. Or at least try and force us to do so. I am sure Val and I will figure out a way around all of that. Because no one can stop us, not even our brothers. We are unbeatable.

To be continued...