|Chapter 25|

|Birmingham|

Third Person POV

"I want to see the London Eye", Cesco screamed as soon as the Romano family left the plane.

"FRANCESCO! We are in Birmingham not in London", Valentina said. Francesco frowned and mumbled something under his breath.

"Isn't that close to London?", Leonardo asked, clearly confused. Valentina sighed. Was she really related to these idiots?

"Bloody hell! No it's not. London is two and a half hours from here, you idiot", she replied, making Ruby chuckle at the stupidity of her brothers. Leonardo hadn't ever been the best in Geographic and he never cared to even try and learn something. For what did he have to know, where London and Birmingham were? He knew they were in the UK and that was it.

"Stop bickering and get in the car, children!", Lorenzo said, clearly annoyed by his siblings. As soon as they got into the car -which was a seven seater- the bickering started again.

"What is your goddamned problem?!"

"I don't want her to sit on my lap!", Antonio exclaimed, pushing Ruby off him and out of the car. Alessandro and Lorenzo sighed.

"Look, we can't change it right now. If you don't want Ruby to sit on your lap then Val has to", Alessandro said, calm as ever.

"Abso-fucking-lutely not!", Val said, "the youngest has to suffer", she added and then leaned back in her seat. Again Alessandro sighed. Antonio frowned, but this time he let Ruby sit on his lap without complaining. Alessandro -who was sitting in the passenger seat- turned around, so he was facing forward. Then he gave the driver a hand sign to start driving. Behind Alessandro was sitting Lorenzo and on the other side of the car was sitting Antonio, who had Ruby on his lap. In between Antonio and Lorenzo was Leonardo, who looked like he was about to fall asleep again. Behind those three were sitting Francesco and Valentina, who clearly enjoyed annoying their siblings by pushing against their seats or hitting them in their head.

"We're here. Lorenzo and I will be going to check in. Stay here, don't fight", Alessandro said as the car came to a stop in front of a fancy looking building. As soon as Lorenzo left the car, Leonardo sat in his seat and Ruby in Leonardo's, so she didn't have to sit on Antonio's lap anymore. After a few minutes of waiting the two brothers came back and a few bodyguards -who had been trailing behind their car the whole time- got out and started to take the Romanos luggage and carry it to their rooms. The rest of the Romano siblings got out of the car and silently went to their rooms. Valentina and Ruby in one, Antonio and Leonardo in one, Lorenzo and Francesco in one and lastly, Alessandro in his own room.

"Alright. Today, we won't be doing much. Only getting settled in and then resting. Tomorrow, we can take a look at the city and the day after tomorrow, Val and Ruby can meet their friends; with us of course", Alessandro said before everyone left for their rooms. Everyone nodded in understanding and then went into their rooms to freshen up and rest a bit. What the oldest says goes after all.

"Alright! You two got any ideas where we could go?", Lorenzo asked the next day as everyone finished dressing up.

"We could go to the Museum of Arts. I always wanted to visit it, but never got the chance to", Valentina said as she exited her room to look at her brothers, holding her mascara in one hand and a small, portable mirror in her other hand.

"You are not wearing that anywhere!", Antonio exclaimed as soon as he saw her outfit.

"Why not? It looks cute", she responded, focusing on applying her mascara properly. She was wearing long, dark blue jeans with a red wrap shirt, showing off some of her cleavage. Not waiting for an answer, she went back into her room, coming back wearing a black leather jacket and holding a bag in one and her phone in her other hand. Behind her came out Ruby, wearing the same jeans as her but an oversized pullover on. Sighing in defeat, the Romano brothers started walking to the elevator, their sisters following.

Arriving at their destination, they froze. It was packed. "And that's why I never got to go there", Val sighed, rolling her eyes. Alessandro backed out of the parking spot again.

"Where to now?", he asked. Without saying anything, Val -who sat beside him- typed something into the navigator and leaned back again.

"The mall?", Lorenzo asked as Alessandro parked the car. Val shrugged and got out of the car without saying anything. The Romano siblings followed her advice and got out too, following her to the elevator, to get onto the second floor. After questioning her decision of taking the second and not first floor, she sighed and rolled her eyes; not in the mood to communicate with her brothers. Instead Ruby answered, "because there's only the food court. We can go there later". Reasonable.

"Nice butt", an unknown voice -at least to the Romano brothers- said, before slapping their sister's butt. They grew angry. But to their surprise Valentina turned around smiling.

"Well, of course. I haven't worked out for nothing", she answered, before hugging him and giving him a kiss on the cheek. The brothers grew more angry with the second, but kept themselves in check, even after Ruby -the youngest- greeted him with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Ruby and Val introduced the young man to the brothers, before starting to talk with him for a while. Then he -sadly- had to leave.

One thing was clear: The Romano brothers didn't like him.

Rhysand Hale.

To be continued
...