|Chapter 24|

|"Winter Break!"|

Ruby POV

"Winter Break!", Val and Cesco screamed loudly as we entered the mansion to make sure that everyone knew that school was over. For now at least. They had already sung "Winter Break!" in the car whilst we were driving back home and I am not joking when I'm saying that Lorenzo was about to kill them.

"So, what do you three want to do over the break?", Alessandro asked us as soon as we sat down in the living room. We looked at each other to silently ask what we wanted to do. And came up with nothing. Absolutely nothing. So we just shrugged. Alessandro nodded and then said that he'll tell us what we could do at dinner. Really? Getting us all curious and shit and then leaving us hanging? Asshole -seems to run in the blood.

"I was thinking of traveling to England. So we could see how you lived there. I mean you could show us around a bit and introduce us to your stepbrother and friends." As if we would want them to meet our mentally instabile friends. Ok, he didn't have to know that. Maybe we'll get them to act normal.

"I'd love to travel to England. Are we going to stay in a hotel?", I asked. We probably wouldn't be able to stay at the house that we used to live in. Derek probably already sold it.

"Sweetheart, we will be staying in the best hotel ever. Five stars only. You'll love it", Lorenzo answered, as always wearing a loving smile on his face. Didn't he ever get tired of smiling like that? Just a few hours ago he was screaming at Val and Cesco and now he was smiling like that again. He was honestly the most creepy one. And I was more scared of him than of Alessandro. But whatever.

"How about.. movie night?", Francesco asked with a smirk on his lips. That guy was definitely planning on doing something.

"What film are we going to watch?", Val asked as we all sat down in the cinema-like room. Yes, even Alessandro was here and you won't believe what he was wearing. Sweatpants with a normal T-shirt. I thought this guy's whole closet was just suits; impressive.

"HORROR MOVIE!", Francesco screamed as loudly as he could, making me and Leonardo flinch because we sat beside him. Alessandro chuckled lightly which made us all look at him weirdly -which made him roll his eyes. But before Val could click on a film to watch Lorenzo protested.

"My sweet little children can not watch something like that", he said whilst dragging Valentina and Alessandro into his arms to "calm them down" and saying over and over again "shhh, nothings going to happen. I will protect you" Despite Lorenzo's protests of watching a horror movie and Leonardo and Antonio looking quite uncomfortable, Val picked out a horror film.

"Ahh!", Leonardo screamed and gripped tightly onto Antonio's arm -who had flinched very hard himself. Guess the big bad twins don't like horror films. Lorenzo shook his head and worriedly looked over to the twins. Before he could do anything the next jump scare appeared and both of the twins screamed loudly. Quickly Lorenzo stood up and sat down between the two, then he took their heads and pressed their faces into his chest. I looked away as fast as I could or else I would've started laughing. Unlike me, Francesco didn't spare the twins and started laughing his ass off very loudly. Despite the twins screaming and Francesco laughing so loudly, Val stayed asleep. She had fallen asleep a few minutes into the film, seemingly bored.

Man, she was missing out.

"-and the twins screamed like little girls", he giggled. Cesco, Val and I were currently sitting in my room to plan the next prank on the twins -who were sleeping in a room together. Francesco was telling Val what she had missed out on whilst she was asleep.

"And where do we get the doll from now?", I asked confused.

"Well, obviously he must've got it a little while before, right? Why else would he plan something where the most important thing was missing", Val said. Francesco smiled proudly, left the room and quickly came back, holding a doll in his hands.

"Now, we just have to place it in their bed and then when they wake up in the morning they will get the shock of their lives." And we did. Val tiptoed inside, placed the doll in between the sleeping twins and left again, closing the door behind her as quietly as possible. Snickering about our success, we all went to bed, put our alarm clocks on 7:30 am -because the twins wake up at 8 am- and fell asleep knowing we'll have something to blackmail their asses tomorrow.

Val, Cesco and I were currently seated in each of our beds, it was two minutes away from being eight and I was about to burst out laughing already. Val had woken up a bit earlier than Cesco and I to place a small camera in the room that the twins were sleeping in. The camera was able to also catch the tone, so we'd hear the twins scream. The only difficulty will be, getting it out of the room again, before anyone will find out. After that would be done, we can copy the video a few times in case the twins find out about it. Which they definitely will.

Loud screams made me snap out of my thoughts. The show was starting. I put on a worried and serious face before running out of my room to "look at what has happened". Val and Cesco were doing the same as I, though Cesco had a gun in his hand to make it more believable. Just like Cesco, Ale and Enzo came running out of their rooms with their guns in their hands and half dressed. Definitely not what I wanted to see. We barged into their rooms to look for the threat but obviously found nothing.

"What happened?", Alessandro asked whilst Antonio and Leonardo clung onto Lorenzo who held them tightly pressed to his chest. Antonio pointed to the doll that sat on the bed and then whimpered as he saw it again.

"Really?! That's why you woke us up?", Val asked, completely exaggerating. She rolled her eyes before leaving the room -probably because she couldn't hide her evil grin anymore. I on the other hand made sure that the twins were okay before leaving. Francesco had left together with Val, also rolling his eyes at the twins.

"So who of you put that stupid doll in their rooms?", Alessandro asked after the twins had calmed down and we had all sat down in the living room to discuss the situation.

"Why would we place a doll in their bed?", Val asked, oblivious to the fact that the film we had watched was about scary dolls. Or so they -hopefully- thought.

"Don't act all innocent. Ruby and Francesco probably told you that the twins were scared of the movie that we watched yesterday. And together you three placed that stupid doll in their bed to scare them", Alessandro accused.

"Alright, now you're taking it too far! How was I supposed to know about them being scared about a dumb film?! And no, no one told me! Also, Ruby was with me until like 6 am gossiping about old classmates", she said, getting up from the couch, standing directly in front of him and giving the same glare back that he gave her.

"So then, it was Francesco!"

"Francesco?!", Val laughed, "Sweetheart, I'm sorry, but him?", she asked, pointing to Francesco whilst staring Leonardo in his eyes. "Have you seen him? Have you heard him walk? I don't think he would be able to sneak a doll into the same bed as you were sleeping in without waking you up." Alessandro sighed, knowing that he wouldn't win an argument against Valentina Romano, the goddess herself.

"Fine. None of you were. Now get out of my sight, all of you", he said, gesturing to the twins, Cesco, Val and I. Quickly we got up and left. While the twins left to the gym room and Francesco left to get some more sleep, Val sneaked into Antonio's room -were the camera was- and I stood in front of it to make sure no one would catch us. She took the camera, sneaked out again and together we walked into her room. We looked at the footage a few times, cackling evilly. We copied the footage a few times on different electronics and sticks to make sure we'd have it to possibly blackmail them.

That's gonna be fun.

To be continued...